emusic subscription (1 Viewer)

Have had my subscription a couple of years now & its pretty damn good alright though downloads from a labels are Geo-specific (i.e. us paddies cant download their tracks)

i used to have one. Maybe 4 years ago. Their mp3s are/were really badly encoded. In fact I can hardly listen to much of the stuff I got from there anymore. Snakybus, has this improoved?

i used to have one. Maybe 4 years ago. Their mp3s are/were really badly encoded. In fact I can hardly listen to much of the stuff I got from there anymore. Snakybus, has this improoved?

seems fine to my ears, yeah

I've got some great new stuff from it, which I listen to all the time

best thing is that they're DRM-free

i used to have one. Maybe 4 years ago. Their mp3s are/were really badly encoded. In fact I can hardly listen to much of the stuff I got from there anymore.

Jew get those Chicane ablums from there? Unlistenable

Some MP3s from it are dodgily encoded and they have a few lame albums like the rerecorded hits of The Specials and the likes. Just have to be careful to listen to an album before you buy the tunes. There's an ok selection but sometimes only have the indie labels is a bit annoying. They do have a huge selection of Tom Waits though so that's two thumbs oop.

I think its a great site, their catalogue is pretty expansive and I have to say have had no problems with downloads which hasnt been the case with a well known competitor.

Word of advice, keep cancelling your subscription, they'll keep coming back offering you further discounted deals to lure you back...

No, the two Chavez albums I got from emusic are desperate. I also go a Bad Religion album which sounded ok at the time (back in the day, 20 min download per song) but is dire now.

try downloading them again maybe. according to the emusic FAQ, "you can re-download your eMusic songs as often as you like without using additional credits".

Word of advice, keep cancelling your subscription, they'll keep coming back offering you further discounted deals to lure you back...

Used to do this all the time & get 50 free downloads but if your an older subscriber you get more downloads for your 9.99 bucks... if you unsubscribe & resubscribe you'll only get the new download quotas...

Emusic have just added the new gallon drunk reissues & those Cater/Tutti releases being touted on the TG thread... that's my monthly quota chewed up!!

No, the two Chavez albums I got from emusic are desperate. I also go a Bad Religion album which sounded ok at the time (back in the day, 20 min download per song) but is dire now.

hahah who the fuck are Chicane then???

just signed up to this to check it out. have to say, first impressions are that its pretty shit. theres no soul, funk or reggae section to search through and as far as i can see no way to search through results. plus it doesn't seem to have most of what i search for. why would people pay for this when soulseek and rapidshare exist?

just signed up to this to check it out. have to say, first impressions are that its pretty shit. theres no soul, funk or reggae section to search through and as far as i can see no way to search through results. plus it doesn't seem to have most of what i search for. why would people pay for this when soulseek and rapidshare exist?

possibly cos we dont have to sift through soul & funk to find what we're looking for... :rolleyes:

possibly cos we dont have to sift through soul & funk to find what we're looking for... :rolleyes:
why? do ya not like good music?:D
been trying to use this even more today and its even shitter than i first thought. well bum, i tells thee!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back