dudley

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Contributor
Since 1999
Website
www.thedudleycorporation.com
I want to nab a couple of emulators onto the auld laptop to entertain myself on the next tour.
fairly sure the lappie won't handle n64 or psone progs, but i think i could get away with snes or megadrive ones.
anyone recommened good emulators for the above? that would be forgiving to an older machine?
and roms!

dudley said:
I want to nab a couple of emulators onto the auld laptop to entertain myself on the next tour.
fairly sure the lappie won't handle n64 or psone progs, but i think i could get away with snes or megadrive ones.
anyone recommened good emulators for the above? that would be forgiving to an older machine?
and roms!

MAME's very good. One versh I had fit onto a CD.

www.mame.net

dudley said:
aye, i gots mame, it doesn't cover snes and md though, does it?

I've just realised I've got a SNES emulator that's 500mb. Loads of games on it too. I'll do you a copy if you like?

On the SNES front ZSNES is quite good, and on the MD front... I can't remember what I actually used, but you can get emulators for systems from http://www.zophar.net

I'd recommend a C64 emu as well, if you're into that. CCS64 is regarded as one of the best.

I've been playing Jet Set Radio on the dreamcast emu. I love it so much.

I had a great one for megadrive a while back, used to play sonic and that on it, will have a look for it when i get home.

Here, dudley, i got a megadrive with mega bomberman and micro machines on ebay for twenty quid, and a four player adapter for another five, we'll have to have a wee tourney when ye're down...

Wavioli said:
any links for dc stuff?

You just need Daemon Tools (google it, it's free and tiny) in order to mount game ISOs as discs, and the Chankast emulator (it's tiny too, around 4.5mb - I can upload it somewhere if you can't find it online) you set up Chankast to use your Daemon Tools-mounted image as the drive, and you're ready to go.

then you just need the game ISOs - they tend to be big, cos they're CD images.

There's a great feature article on the psp homebrew scene in the latest edge.

It's making it very hard for me to resist getting a psp.

Anyway, a psp running emulators might be alot less hassle on tour then a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back