Electricians (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
get back to work you pack of fuckers

I have an idea. Give them what they want but only after they pay up all the tax they didn't pay on all the nixers they did during the celtic boom tiger thing.

cheeky bastards.

sparks.jpg

i was due a pay increase last year but didnt get it because of the R word. now I realise the right thing to do was go on strike.

They were promised a 10% pay increase recommended by the labour court.
Now they're bing asked to take a 10% pay cut.
That's a 20% pay cut over all.
Not really fair all things considered.

I haven't had a raise for about 7 years.

Yep, should have struck.....

heres hoping the electricians set the precedents for the rest of the country. Once they do it'll be pay rises all round....

They were promised a 10% pay increase recommended by the labour court.
Now they're bing asked to take a 10% pay cut.
That's a 20% pay cut over all.
Not really fair all things considered.

arent they lucky to be working at all or something>?? did that thing where the esb rolled out the contracts to privateers happen?? if so then its tax monet thier after if not, they'll put their employers to the wire to make up that.

'Salary The profession is very tightly experience-based. Salaries increase with every level. An electrician with up to two years experience can expect to earn €18-22k.. This will rise to €28,000 in the 5th year. The basic salary for a 29-hour week is between £28 and £32K; and with overtime an electrician can expect to earn a lot more.
Opportunities arise from time to time for promotion to supervisor, charge hand or foreperson level. A charge hand can expect to earn between €30-35k, with a van and mobile phone. A foreman can earn between €45k with a van and mobile phone. A Project Manager can earn from €60-85k plus a company car.'

More people should be striking for their rights. This Government is taking the piss out of hard-won Labour Laws and is trying to tear it to shreds at the behest of IBEC.

We can sit there and take it up the arse or we can do something about it.

arent they lucky to be working at all or something>?? did that thing where the esb rolled out the contracts to privateers happen?? if so then its tax monet thier after if not, they'll put their employers to the wire to make up that.

'Salary The profession is very tightly experience-based. Salaries increase with every level. An electrician with up to two years experience can expect to earn €18-22k.. This will rise to €28,000 in the 5th year. The basic salary for a 29-hour week is between £28 and £32K; and with overtime an electrician can expect to earn a lot more.
Opportunities arise from time to time for promotion to supervisor, charge hand or foreperson level. A charge hand can expect to earn between €30-35k, with a van and mobile phone. A foreman can earn between €45k with a van and mobile phone. A Project Manager can earn from €60-85k plus a company car.'

It's unfair no matter what way you look at it. I think the expected outcome is no pay rise but no pay cut.

Goff is right. Employment rights are in the process of being undermined everywhere and this is gonna go on for the the few years.

isn't it relevant to anyone that its possibly the worst time in history to strike??

That depends on the reason for the strike.
If employers are igoring a labour court ruling then the only way to police the ruling is industrial action.
Recession or no recession it's that simple.
The suggested 10% pay cut makes it even more the right course of action in terms of a normal industrial dispute.

employment rights? i like it. am i entitled to a job? cos i'd like one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back