Electric Picnic 2021 (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
EP lost me when they mentioned "double vaccinated" in their press release. that's a sure sign of a tory being involved.

Notes about GAA: GAA started with tiny audiences months ago at select games and have slowly incremented the crowds as each event proved non consequential - there is a timeline and slow ramp up going on there, also tickets are only going out through clubs so largely its the die hard older folks and people who volunteer at clubs who are getting to the games.
I've been to a couple of GAA matches. The tickets are initially sent out to clubs but go on general sale if the club allocation isn't all taken up.

But, when you buy tickets, you can't buy a single ticket. You have to buy a pod. Pods are from 2 to 6 people, so everyone you are sitting with, is from your own pod. Its actually ridiculously well organised. From my experience, people don't wear masks when sitting in their pods, but when they get up and move around, the masks are always on. They will insist on mask wearing at all times when they increase the capacity.

Won’t somebody please think of the children who are dragged along to this by their cool parents?

Seriously, I really miss gigs but let’s cool the fucking jets on festivals for just a teensy squoosh longer.

Won’t somebody please think of the children who are dragged along to this by their cool parents?

Seriously, I really miss gigs but let’s cool the fucking jets on festivals for just a teensy squoosh longer.
These parents?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

its the ones who went out and spent 20k on a second-hand camper van that they never use for anything except EP that I feel sorry for

It's possible to enjoy festivals but it takes some effort. The "I stayed just outside my tent and took drugs for three days" thing wears thin aged about 23.

Me and @rettucs have seen many a festival through, it's worth it if you actually do see a bunch of great bands, but, if I had the choice, I'd rather go see every band down the Grand Social and Whelans over the course of a week.

Last edited:
I used to enjoy festivals but found that Irish festivals just became boring and repetitive. Same lower rung acts every year, any interesting oddities were gone, and the headliners pushed up the ticket prices beyond any value for money.

It's possible to enjoy festivals but it takes some effort. The "I stayed just outside my tent and took drugs for three days" thing wears thin aged about 23.

Me and @rettucs have seen many a festival through, it's worth it if you actually do see a bunch of great bands, but, if I had the choice, I'd rather go see every band down the Grand Social and Whelans over the course of a week.
back in the day I'd work out a timetable of who I was going to see over the course of a weekend. As time went on gaps would start to appear cos there'd be nothing on I'd be interested in seeing. Eventually there were more gaps than not. That was when I knew it was time to quit.

I went to about 9 EPs. I'd say I loved 5 of them, enjoyed another 2, and hated the last 2.

Veteran of 2 Electric Picnics. For the first one it was sunny all weekend and was brilliant. Following year it pissed down, my car barely made it out of the field and it was an all round miserable experience and never went back.

Been to too many electric picnics. Probably 7 or 8 of em. I enjoyed a drink with scutter (as he was known at the time) at one of them. Seen the Beastie boys twice. Had way too much fun. Done bold things etc.

I'm defo more into the city festivals these days. Real beds and real food and better bands for the most part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back