chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
l4sUwJQ.png

Well now.

How can I prove I've been to previous picnics? Pretty sure I have the lanyard lineup things but that's about it. If they're expecting tickets as proof then that's not going to happen since they take them off you upon entry.

How can I prove I've been to previous picnics? Pretty sure I have the lanyard lineup things but that's about it. If they're expecting tickets as proof then that's not going to happen since they take them off you upon entry.
I've been to 3 of them alright, still have a wristband on from the one where everyone was on mushrooms and the Flaming Lips blew my tiny mind if only they'd bring back shrooms for that weekend I'd go.

How do you prove you've been the other ones though ? I didn't have a credit card 10 years ago unlike every other 22 year old.

Yeah I don't like the "Ticketmaster can help provide fans with proof" line which I think translates to if you have credit card records by buying through the Ticketmaster site you're grand, otherwise no joy.

have wristbands from 4 of them in a drawer and those flipcharty schedule things.

I always bought my tickets over the counter to avoid the extortionate service charge. Paid with laser to avoid the extortionate handling charge for paying with visa.

bet they won't take the wristbands as proof. If they do I'll be all over this.

Belle and Sebastian FTW

Oxegen is going ahead this year too apparently, is there enough big headliners touring for both of those ??

We already have Longitude, Forbidden Fruit, Body & Soul as well as Neil Young in the RDS, the Springsteen tours, the Phoenix Park gigs Momfird and Son one day The Killers the other day.

The rumour is Daft Punk, My Bloody Valentine and Bjork for The Picnic, Bowie would be great too;)

That leaves Maverick Sabre to headline both days of Oxegen.

Daft Punk have been rumoured for every single festival this year, and they've said they're not touring loadsa times so it won't be them.

I heard it will be My Bloody Valentine and Portishead, i reckon they're gonna spend a lot less money on the line-up and go for loadsa irish bands with a few international acts, although i base that on absolutely nothing

Yeah Rob Da Bank said months ago they had asked about Daft Punk for Bestival but were told categorically that Daft Punk would not play live this year.

I'd love to see Portishead and MBV again, but not in a field with shit sound.

If I could get the weekend pass for €150 I might be tempted but there's too many festivals going on this year from the dearth last year. Nowere near enough bands to go around I think..

Yeah Rob Da Bank said months ago they had asked about Daft Punk for Bestival but were told categorically that Daft Punk would not play live this year.

I'd love to see Portishead and MBV again, but not in a field with shit sound.
If MBV play in the big tent I'd go. They were absolutely astounding last time. Mind you they essentially had Grinderman as an opening act so I was understandably on cloud 9 at the time.

So far I've heard mention of

Bjork
Arctic Monkeys
Johnny Marr
Fatboy Slim

Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back