Electric Picnic 2012 - What's the verdict? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 39
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 4

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
So? Here's the official line anyway:

ELECTRIC PICNIC 2012 DRAWS TO A CLOSE
As the sun sets on Electric Picnic 2012, the festival faithful had plenty of highlights to carry with them on the trip home from Stradbally.

Musical highlights included a three hour set from legends The Cure, who attracted one of the biggest crowds ever to the main stage. They played a full back catalogue of hits which saw revellers dancing into the night. Double-headline performances from Elbow and The Killers brought the curtain down on Ireland's hottest festival of 2012.

The weather over the weekend was one of the warmest of the summer with temperatures soaring into the 20s today. As usual it was not just about the music, new stage Trailer Park was a welcome addition, Theatre of Food saw Michelin starred chefs Derry Clarke, Ross Lewis and Paul Flynn ensured The Theatre of Food was jam packed with hungry foodies while Mindfield played host to Woodstock creator Michael Lang.

Ireland's VIPs were spotted basking in the last of the summer sun. Revellers rubbed shoulders with Bono and wife Ali, who watched Gavin Friday's stellar performance on the Main Stage on Friday night and returned on Saturday to catch The Villagers and The Cure. Other names include Saoirse Ronan, Neil Jordan, Cat Deeley, John Rocha, Brian O'Driscoll, Amy Huberman, Rob Kearney, Cian Healy and Diarmuid Gavin.

Electric Picnic, now in its ninth year, is Ireland's most complete experience of a multi-arts festival. It has evolved into a wonderfully well-rounded event with every element working in harmony. Promoters said they were delighted with the turnout with ticket sales exceeding expectations. Organisers are already looking forward to 2013 with the ten year anniversary promising to be extra special.

We are very satisfied with the smooth running of the festival; there have been no major incidences to report. The crowd has been excellent, friendly and warm.

Apart from minor delays on opening day, the traffic plan worked very well. The good weather conditions have proved an additional bonus. We advise people when leaving the festival to make sure they have all their belongings with them and drive with care. Inspector Harrington, Portlaoise Gardai

cos of the not really that great lineup I got to do loads of stuff in those other areas like the Mindfield. They were good. Dunno how I went to EP 4 times previously without setting foot in that place.

also, I left the site on saturday night and returned sunday morning. On saturday night the car park was less than half full. On sunday night it was completely full. There was a huge number of people just went for the sunday with those sunday wristband. HUGE

IMG_00581.jpg

thats me there with the sunglasses on my head

sore today..need more sleep

the weather was amazing, the toilets not so much. The car-parks wren miles away but that was my only gripe.

I saw Richard Hawley (great) and The Cure ("for insomnia"..ho ho) . Missed a load of things I had intended to check out but fuck it, it was good fun

sore today..need more sleep

the weather was amazing, the toilets not so much. The car-parks wren miles away but that was my only gripe.

I saw Richard Hawley (great) and The Cure ("for insomnia"..ho ho) . Missed a load of things I had intended to check out but fuck it, it was good fun

so it was the same as every other year

Jerry Fish was seen clearing up the tins and glasses in the Salty Dog area..man of the people wha'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back