Electric Picnic 2008 (1 Viewer)

agree, and after last years bollox sound everywhere i wouldn't be rushing to sell my mbv london ticket

gone

down

fast

that's the one thing im glad about, at least ill be seeing MBV in their own right in london this summer - didnt wanna risk seeing them for the first time at a festival.

I'd actually go if Elvis Costello was playing.
I was reading that he is supporting the Police on a North American tour, which is very worrying. I hope it doesn't extend to Europe.
I've never seen Elvis Costello although he's been my fave since I was about 17.
But I don't think I could go to a Police show.

If EC hasn't a problem with Sting and co, why should you?

this is the first year im not going. especially on that line-up. have been enjoying it less and less each year. 'i preferred their early stuff' yaddayadda. there's just no big names to pull me in like previous years. its a bit like, 'eh.......there's not enough acts that we originally wanted to get and eh.. MseeD have the others we wanted so eh, we got a few of the bargain basement ones'.
not that im saying that the aul fellahs wont be rocking at EP but, nothing to cream your pants about like.

Because I'm an entirely different person! Genuinely.

if I wanted to see someone badly enough I'd go no matter what.

you could always leave before the main act - like 1992 and the Teenage Fanclub / Nirvana hater people who went to see the Breeders solely.

anyway - could be worse. EC could be supporting Sigur Ros.

if I wanted to see someone badly enough I'd go no matter what.

you could always leave before the main act - like 1992 and the Teenage Fanclub / Nirvana hater people who went to see the Breeders solely.

anyway - could be worse. EC could be supporting Sigur Ros.

But nobody would be interested in EC and he'd be terribly grumpy and I'd be terribly grumpy and he'd fire through a few songs to a largely indifferent mass of people in a vast stadium and then he'd quickly leave the stage and I'd be left there, lost, like a stranger in Moscow.

But nobody would be interested in EC and he'd be terribly grumpy and I'd be terribly grumpy and he'd fire through a few songs to a largely indifferent mass of people in a vast stadium and then he'd quickly leave the stage and I'd be left there, lost, like a stranger in Moscow.

nobody _ ?

I own all five Police albums and all of EC's bar maybe one or two recent ones.

Must be more people in the same boat.

He said that because most people don't know (or care about) him he opens with one of his more popular tunes and ends with one of his more popular tunes but between those plays old songs he hasn't done for a while or whatever he wants to play pending on his mood which would be cool .|..|

No, it'd be terrible, I'm telling you. You'd be like a stranger in Moscow.

I agree. If I got a free ticket I'd shout libelous bile at Sting about his wife and kids, probably.

Elvis and Duh Polis double-bill is the Q Mag version the Liars/Battles quandary...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland