electioneering (2 Viewers)

magicbastarder

Supporter
Website
stroma.org
this guy has my vote - the leaflet arrived in our postbox today.

“May 23 Declaration of War” leaflet from Tom Darcy -Direct Democracy Ireland -2014 European Elections- Dublin | Irish Election Literature

he looks a bit like a low rent dracula. and his anti-bank campaign stems from him owing them €17m. and his 'as seen on youtube' tag is there because he's best known from the video where he refers to constance markiewicz as a he, and incorrectly places her death as happening in 1916.
he's a glorious nutjob.

Ah, got that today as well, didn't realise it was himself. I get the feeling he's pissing in the wind.

I'm looking forward to the sindo going into meltdown when the shinners clean up. I'm also hoping for another nail in the coffin of FF but that remains to be seen. Hanafin is running in my area and will probably take a seat, further lowering my estimation of the populace.

Back in my college days some guy used to put on the Radiohead song in the Student Union bar jukebox about 15 times a day.

have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about election posters.

Whats the story with them coming down after the elections? How long do they have before they need to be removed? Also, is it possible for members of the public to report any posters that are left up beyond the deadline, and ensure the owner gets fined?

have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about election posters.

Whats the story with them coming down after the elections? How long do they have before they need to be removed? Also, is it possible for members of the public to report any posters that are left up beyond the deadline, and ensure the owner gets fined?

Q. What about the May 2014 elections?

A. Local election candidates can only erect posters from 23rd April 2014, which is 30 days before the polling date.

European Parliament election candidates can only erect posters from 23rd April 2014, which is 30 days before the polling date.

Candidates must remove all posters within 7 days of the poll. These requirements for election posters are set out under section 19 of the Litter Pollution Act 1997 and the Electoral (Amendment) (No. 2) Act 2009.

yeah, I was half-minded to go and take photos of the posters in my area so if there were any cable-ties then I'd at least know whose posters had been there.

just need to find out how to go about reporting those that take their posters down late.

complain to the local council

Also, posters when they are put up can't be up in a way to block the view of people on the road or get in the way of pedestrians so while there's no minimum height requirement above the ground really the bottom of them needs to be about 7 feet above the footpath. Ben Gilroy had a few of them that were an inconvenience in the village I live nearest too, I looked into who to complain to but they ended up being taken down in the meantime.

I haven't been canvassed once, which is grand, I probably wouldn't have asked much about local or european issues but I might have asked about a few general things to gauge whether or not the candidate was a doofus or not. Anyone who's all gung ho about getting flouride out of the water or some stupid shit like that probably wouldn't get a vote.

We could do with some populist conservative/liberal parties in the country, all we currently have is some slight variations on centrism. Lucinda's reform alliance may have shaken things up a bit and encouraged a liberal equivalent to form but I believe they've missed the boat now.

On the canvassing front, I had 1 (of 3) FG, SF, PbPand both Ff candidates at the door, I took great pleasure in laughing at Hanafin's cronies.

Back in my college days some guy used to put on the Radiohead song in the Student Union bar jukebox about 15 times a day.

My 'gag' play was to put Gazza's Fog On The Tyne on.

Guaranteed groans and massive meerkatting in the direction of the jukebox.

Fucking students.

the only canvasser i had at the door, a shinner. i just politely told them i wouldn't be voting for them and that was it. i chickened out of rolling out the spiel about the hunger strikers an old colleague had asked me to use ages back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back