El Classico (1 Viewer)

Look at us 3 years ago all loving Barca. Even me!!!

Mascherano is still a fucking bird brain

Ha, Anyone except Masch playing for Barca tonight and it would have been 8-1. Kind of died after the third goal but what a game it was up until that. Real look really strong. Bale should never get back in that side. Best I've seen Isco play for Real, Modric and Kroos were absolutely brilliant too. Ancelotti is a fucking legend, had 2 of his best 3 players sold out from under him in the summer, tinkered with it and has them playing like that now. A joy to watch, or it would be if it weren't Real. Big one against Getafe tomorrow to get Atleti right back in it. Wins for Valencia and Sevilla means it's 2 points between the top 5. Amazing. Viva La Liga, Viva los colchoneros!!!

Neymar was awful. He reminds me of those kids who would do needless step overs and backheels in games in the playground. That move he tried to pull in the first half down by the side-line sums him up. Full of tricks but ineffective. The great players use those skills as a means rather than an end in itself. I really don't see what all the fuss is over him.

Fair play to Madrid though. Best counter attacking team I've ever seen. I'd disagree with you about Bale though. I think he's worth his spot ahead of James.

Isco's been great recently alright. But he was mediocre last season. Let's see how it pans out. Bale is a bit more direct. He's more likely to attack the defender straight away than play it square or back along the line. His pass completion rate probably does suffer as a result. But a few times a game something is going to come from being that direct. His approach is just different. Ronaldo's the same type of player. For ever good thing that comes off there are shots dragged wide or a failed one-two etc. But a few times a game it'll come off.

Isco's been great recently alright. But he was mediocre last season. Let's see how it pans out. Bale is a bit more direct. He's more likely to attack the defender straight away than play it square or back along the line. His pass completion rate probably does suffer as a result. But a few times a game something is going to come from being that direct. His approach is just different. Ronaldo's the same type of player. For ever good thing that comes off there are shots dragged wide or a failed one-two etc. But a few times a game it'll come off.
Yeah, but direct going forward passing isn't his problem, it's his inability to play accurate quick passes of about 5-10 yards. He gives it away so many times under the kind of pressure players have to be able to play under in Spain.

Isco has taken a huge step up defensively, but he played much farther forward at Malaga so it's not surprising it took him some time to settle in.

Yeah, but direct going forward passing isn't his problem, it's his inability to play accurate quick passes of about 5-10 yards.

Fair enough. I honestly never noticed that his passing was sloppy. At least I thought he was no worse than any of the other attacking players. I'll watch out for it in the next game.

Fair enough. I honestly never noticed that his passing was sloppy. At least I thought he was no worse than any of the other attacking players. I'll watch out for it in the next game.
He'll almost certainly be unbelievable just to spite me.

He was a liability against Atleti, thankfully enough.

And replaced them with 2 players where one is the best in the world in his position and the other is arguably as good as the sale.
Who are you talking about ? He didn't replace Alonso or the player he turned Di Maria into.

Alonso went because they had Kroos.
Rodriguez replaced Di Maria.
Hardly rocket science.
Kroos is nothing like Alonso and Rodriguez is nothing like Di Maria.

If anything Kroos plays more like a mobile Pirlo, stays deep sure but he doesn't get through nearly as much defensive work as Alonso. Rodriguez has never made a tackle in his career, something that Ancelotti had Di Maria doing consistently last season.

If anything Isco played the Di Maria role and Modric played in the Alonso role today, and that's what I'm impressed by. He takes players and moulds them into something for the good of his system. instead of building the system around the big names. He made Di Maria the most complete midfielder in La Liga (except for Turan and Koke) last season and he's doing something really interesting this season. They played more like a 4-3-3 today with Ronaldo, Benzema and Rodriguez right up front but the three in midfield were exceptional.

They still have Jese to come back into that side Bale may have to hit the fucking gym again and go see Zizou for some pointers to get a place in there.

Mores the fucking pity.

P.S viva los colchoneros!!!

Neymar was awful. He reminds me of those kids who would do needless step overs and backheels in games in the playground. That move he tried to pull in the first half down by the side-line sums him up. Full of tricks but ineffective. The great players use those skills as a means rather than an end in itself. I really don't see what all the fuss is over him.
They didn't have stepovers in my day. The game's changed, yo.

Kroos is nothing like Alonso and Rodriguez is nothing like Di Maria.

If anything Kroos plays more like a mobile Pirlo, stays deep sure but he doesn't get through nearly as much defensive work as Alonso. Rodriguez has never made a tackle in his career, something that Ancelotti had Di Maria doing consistently last season.

If anything Isco played the Di Maria role and Modric played in the Alonso role today, and that's what I'm impressed by. He takes players and moulds them into something for the good of his system. instead of building the system around the big names. He made Di Maria the most complete midfielder in La Liga (except for Turan and Koke) last season and he's doing something really interesting this season. They played more like a 4-3-3 today with Ronaldo, Benzema and Rodriguez right up front but the three in midfield were exceptional.

They still have Jese to come back into that side Bale may have to hit the fucking gym again and go see Zizou for some pointers to get a place in there.

Mores the fucking pity.

P.S viva los colchoneros!!!

Kroos plays more advanced for Madrid because Modric is there behind him. The fact they already had Modric with Kroos coming in means they were able to get rid of Alonso, and basically replace him with one of the best midfielders in the world.
Rodriguez isn't as dynamic a player as Di Maria, but the same thing again, when they already have Isco sitting on the bench and Rodriguez coming in, they can afford to lose Di Maria and have nothing really to worry about.
Ancelotti is a good manager alright, but I'm fairly sure I could manage that Real Madrid team and still fucking hammer pretty much everyone. It's fairly piss easy when you're given the money to buy absolutely any player you want like.

Kroos plays more advanced for Madrid because Modric is there behind him. The fact they already had Modric with Kroos coming in means they were able to get rid of Alonso, and basically replace him with one of the best midfielders in the world.
Rodriguez isn't as dynamic a player as Di Maria, but the same thing again, when they already have Isco sitting on the bench and Rodriguez coming in, they can afford to lose Di Maria and have nothing really to worry about.
Ancelotti is a good manager alright, but I'm fairly sure I could manage that Real Madrid team and still fucking hammer pretty much everyone. It's fairly piss easy when you're given the money to buy absolutely any player you want like.
Nah, I disagree, mourinho spent a fortune and didn't deliver. To lose two of the best midfield 3 in europe and then replace them is a skill no matter how much you have to spend. He reinvented Di Maria last season and he's doing the same with Modric and Isco this season. He's a legend and he seems sound. Fair play to him.

Fuck Real obviously but I have nothing but respect for Ancelotti.

I dunno, I'd say they all hated Moaninho because he's a prick!
That would be projecting on your part. He was absolutely adored by everyone at Inter and Chelski. I think the players were ideologically opposed to his park the bus against anyone who wants to pass the ball tactics and in the end he may have lost the dressing room a bit if the rumours are to be believed. Personally I doubt that though. He wasn't suited to Real, he believed in counter attacking football though and Ancelotti has taken that blueprint and embellished it. That's what I like about him. He's pragmatic and adaptable. He even had Chelski playing good football when he was there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back