Eircom usage meter / .NET framework problem.... (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Hi all,
I'm trying to put Eircom's broadband usage meter on a Windows XP machine but it won't install.

In order to install it you need also to have the latest .NET framework thingy installed too.
I've followed the link from Eircom and have successfully installed the .NET framework from the Microsoft site, but Eircoms usage meter *still* wont install as it says the .NET framework is not there.

Has anyone else had this problem? Short of using a defferent metering product, can anyone suggest a workaround?

Thanks...

Are you on the basic Eircom line package? I've had that for about 3 years now and have never been charged for going over the DL limit and some months I've gone WAY over the limit.

If you machine is on a network will it register data downloaded from other local machines..

Whats the Eircom D/L limit NYL stopped theirs (they can all still get u with 'fair usage' though).

OK I think I sorted it by downloading a different version of the .NET framework.
(yes I had tried a re-boot already!) And yes it dmeasures for all machines on the network ( I presume it measures from their end).

I'm doing this because I got a letter from Eircom saying that they're upgrading my connection speed for free, and they're reducing the charge for exceeding download limit from €10 per GB to €2 per GB, but essentially that they're going to be mega sticklers over it from now on, as I "frequently" exceed the download limit. I still think it's a stock letter I got though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back