EASPA MEASA /DIVISIONS RUIN split lp (1 Viewer)

cesspooldublin

Just got mail to say this is back from the plant and on the way to all involved- will be availble from the bands, Suburban Mayhem and Distro-y within the next two weeks.

Okay, so between now and Feb 10th this record will be €7 as a "Preorder" price - it's €8 after - if you need it mailed obviously postage will cost extra. Anyone wanting to get one mail [email protected] and we'll sort it out for you. This is NOT the paypal addres so please don't paypal any money to that address.

Folks in Galway (or elsewhere obviously) can also get this from Distro-y records for the same deal

Review from Attackfanzine.net

There are a couple of similarities between these two bands that makes this pairing an obvious one to make. Both bands come from Dublin, Ireland, both have dual female/male vocals, and both bands rely on hard, tempo-varying hardcore with a good sense of melodies to bring forth their messages. But, they’re of course two different bands, so there are differences.

Easpa Measa has mainly adopted the rhythmic approach with layered vocals, and excursions into faster domains. Even though they change pace between and within tracks, all four of them have the same raw touch. At first I felt this could have gained from a fuller production, but I have since come to the conclusion that their (for lack of a better word) “primitive” sound is not only giving them a personal touch but also helps them steer clear of being stuck with the neo-crust label. Even if this will appeal to fans of modern melodic hardcore more than the thrashers.

Divisions Ruin has replaced a couple of members since their last give, their debut EP, but offer the same style of joining between aggression and power. While they on that first EP just as well could offer blast beats as taking a dive into doom territory, they’ve levelled out a bit for the five tracks on here. It’s still dark, hard, brutal and somewhat diverse material – only not quite as diverse as before.

Between these two bands I personally think it’s Easpa Measa that brings most personality to the table and also have the most memorable tracks. Divisions Ruin have a couple of ground shaking riffs no doubt, but I can’t shake the feeling that I’ve heard it all so many times before. When you can take four or five bands’ records and they just as well could have been four or five LPs from the same band… one band is enough. Divisions Ruin could of course be that one band for many - it’s just that I myself already have one.
Krogh – March 23, 2010

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back