D'you like dags? (1 Viewer)

Not doing too bad, although he's been up since 5.30 this morning.
And pretty much trying to nick everything that's not nailed down to keep in his bed.

Greyhound or Lurcher?

My sister got a rescue lurcher in the last couple of weeks to ease the inevitable transition for the kids from their ailing jack russell. He seems to be settling in really well, my nephew is mad about him.

Greyhound or Lurcher?

My sister got a rescue lurcher in the last couple of weeks to ease the inevitable transition for the kids from their ailing jack russell. He seems to be settling in really well, my nephew is mad about him.
It was a greyhound.

But unfortunately things didn't work out here. He ended up being way too big for the house and too boisterous with the kids, so unfortunately he was rehomed again. He was a beautiful dog, really lovely temperment, total sweetheart. But he was also 40kg. We'd met the foster people a few times with him, but it was always in parks and pretty wide open spaces. We thought he looks kind of big but we should be ok with him, he's so gentle and docile that it won't be a problem. It was kind of a different story when we got him home. We didn't really realise how absolutely enormous he was until we saw him in the context of our own home. Also, my daughter loved him when we were out walking in the park with him ad all that, but when he was at home and looking to play, she was pretty scared of him. We got in touch with the charity and said we don't think this is going to work long term and fortunately there was a waitlist of people looking to rehome him. We thought it was better to do it now rather than trying to struggle on for a few months and then either having to admit defeat or have him accidentally injure one of the kids and then having to get him rehomed when we all got too attached (especially the dog).
I just dropped him off with a foster family this evening, and I'm not going to lie we're all really sad here that it didn't work out because we were already starting to really fall for him. If the kids were a few years older we more than likely would have kept him but it's not right for us now.
We are going to try again in another few years when the kids are older because it is something that we still really want to do.

Looks like there's a bit of wolfhound in that lad. Although wolfhounds are meant to be the most docile dogs of all really, unless you're trying to break into their house, then you're fucked.
But yeah shit one about the dog, guess this is one of the reasons why my mate's advice is 'get the most lazy-looking/timid dog you can find'

Very sorry to hear that and he looks like a very good boy but you made the right decision. Makes me think that it's probably for the best we're not getting one after all as we don't have a lot of space -- by the looks of it even less than yourself. (Although when I move out, and into my house of dogs, that will open up a bit of space.)

Aw, that's a shame. Sorry to hear it. : ( I came looking for an update because there's a new foster greyhound on our morning loop these days.

Aw, that's a shame. Sorry to hear it. : ( I came looking for an update because there's a new foster greyhound on our morning loop these days.
Yeah, we were pretty gutted it didn't work out. We only had him a couple of days and we still miss him. We will adopt again but when the kids are a good few years older.

We've adopted a new rescue. Poor girl had a bad start (puppy farm breeder scum) So she's very nervous.

Attachments

• IMG-20211008-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20211008-WA0006.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back