DVD Ripping apps? (1 Viewer)

Dixer

People,
Looking for apps that A) Allow a lad to extract audio tracks from DVD's and B) Allow a fella to rip DVD's without the junk that might be on the disc (Commentaries etc) or alternatively that will shrink a DVD9 to fit DVD5.
Seprarate apps for needs A & B.
I KNOW these are out there,
Cheers homies.

Theres a deadly one called Jack The Ripper OS10.3 or later... You can get rid of all the shite and just burn the movie if you like...
For audio there a cool little app that records whatever you play through your mac in real time... forget its name... anthony?

Ian said:
Theres a deadly one called Jack The Ripper OS10.3 or later... You can get rid of all the shite and just burn the movie if you like...
For audio there a cool little app that records whatever you play through your mac in real time... forget its name... anthony?

Suite.
Shix be free?
I'll run a google on JTR.

Should that maybe be "Mac the Ripper"? A prelminary google says yes and dvdrhelp.com says so too?
Or else I'm missing somethin'.

Sorry yeah... MAc the ripper its called...
I downloaded it free from somewhere... i think Macupdate.com..
i'll check...

Ian said:
Sorry yeah... MAc the ripper its called...
I downloaded it free from somewhere... i think Macupdate.com..
i'll check...

Got that ripper, Ian. Nice one. Does pretty much exactly what I wanted. Used to use DVDBackup but it just copied the whole thing. What do you use for an imager, if you use one?

Ian said:
an imager?

By imager i mean: "A yoke that burns a DVD such that it will play on standalone/set-top players (i.e. not just in yr kumpewtur)). I have something called dvdimager1.2 or something like that (versiontracker.com) just wondering if maybe you had a better one, seein' as you had a better ripper etc.

Dixer said:
iDVD wont dupe discs though. Will it?

iRip DVD is good, as is Handbrake.
But Toast can make direct copies depending on the disc. You can make a disc image of any dvd in Toast, and copy any image less than 4.3GB.
Of course a lot of commercial DVDs wont allow this but you'd be surprised at the amount that do.
An even better way is possibly by looping computer 1 to computer 2 through a video mixer, and just digitising what you need.
AudioHijack is the handiest app for audio straems etc.

m

!bing

Stacy said:
thats not a great idea..

i beg to differ. that is a great idea (if you have to right equip). i use it all the time, and it results in the best possible quailty.
here's the loop:
laptop1 (playing dvd) av out > video into video mixer
> audio into dv cam (a-d conv)

mixer video out > dv cam
dv cam > firewire to laptop2 for digi

note: the audio goes straight to the camera by joining the audio phonos with a widget to the av lead going to the camera.

dvd ripping takes far too long to get a good quailty rip, this is done in real time.

i still use fairusewizard when the need arises....

edit oh it's windows and linux only i see

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back