Dull domestic question (1 Viewer)

The Chilli King

Old Timer
Supporter
Anybody know where I could get a replacement glass shelf for me auld fridge?

Ahh god bless the Lifestyle board.

I'd contact me supplier or go to a local DIY/Builder suppliers and get a cheap square of glass cut out

you'd need reinforced glass but. I can't see ordinary window glass holding up 24 cans of dutch gold and a wilting lettuce of a weekend. There is a shop that sells replacement hoover parts etc off Parnell Sq, ringing them and asking might be a good bet. They probably don't sell them themselves but they may well know who does. Or yeah, you can ring the manufacturer.

kirstie said:
you'd need reinforced glass but.

true. We had to do this when we were in college. We bought that reinforced glass with steel wire running through it. yuck

on another note, most fridges come from OEM producers and the 'more expensive' brands ususally differentiate themselves with glass shelves although the rest of the parts are identical. so what I hear you say.

we bought a stupidly expensive fridge and the second it arrived it got covered with about 40 huge dinges because it got knocked off the front door on the way in. Sigh. Replacing the dinged door would cost something like €500. Stupid fridges.

broken arm said:
true. We had to do this when we were in college. We bought that reinforced glass with steel wire running through it. yuck

on another note, most fridges come from OEM producers and the 'more expensive' brands ususally differentiate themselves with glass shelves although the rest of the parts are identical. so what I hear you say.

that's the wan. I couldn't remember the name of it.

Latex lizzie said:
Spare parts centre on north frederick st. Give em the model number and they will oder you one.

*ahem*

The brand is "Futura" model "sbuz01-07". Never heard of them, nor can I find any trace of them on the net. Maybe they only exist in the future and send nasty looking retro fridges back in time.

I guess i should measure the space and get in touch with that Hoover place, or failing that the ESB shop on fleet st.

did you buy it in power city by any possibility?

The Chilli King said:
The brand is "Futura" model "sbuz01-07". Never heard of them, nor can I find any trace of them on the net. Maybe they only exist in the future and send nasty looking retro fridges back in time.

I guess i should measure the space and get in touch with that Hoover place, or failing that the ESB shop on fleet st.

Latex lizzie said:
Spare parts centre on north frederick st. Give em the model number and they will oder you one.

*ahem*

Thanks Lizzie.. You're my hero.

The rest of yis.....
.... useless.

can you not make the landlord sort it out though?

Oh yes, and pigs might fly if your landlord is anything like the ones I ever had.

The Chilli King said:
Came with the apartment. landlord probably bought it there though.

The Chilli King said:

Sounds OEM to me. Maybe try one of the city council white-goods recycling depots. Get the right person, ask them nicely, flash a tit or two and you're in.

Ringsend (pdf format - 130kb)
Opening Hours: 1st Nov - 31st Jan; Mon-Fri: 9am - 5pm
Sat/Bank Holidays: 9am - 2pm
1st Feb - 31st Oct; Mon-Fri: 9am - 8pm Sat/Bank Holidays: 9am - 4pm

broken arm said:
Sounds OEM to me. Maybe try one of the city council white-goods recycling depots. Get the right person, ask them nicely, flash a tit or two and you're in.

I mean you're in to search for a spare tray lying about of course

broken arm said:

My tits ain't what they used to be, but i'll give it a try.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back