Dublin Vinyl (1 Viewer)

Yeah that's two failed plants here in recent times. Grim.

Not sure your point of quoting a line from my post of five years ago is though.

The closure and seeming business plan were grim. It seems they thought they could bring the mountain to Mohammed.

I just quoted you to illustrate it's not the first time it hasn't worked.

We are too rich and notiony to really do manufacturing at this point.

Had a look into this earlier, I'd categorise Belgium, Germany, Austria and France as places where running a business isn't massively different to here in terms of costs and there seems to be quite a few elsewhere in the "expensive" EU countries, southern Europe and Poland the wages would have been lower.

They had liabilities over assets of 1.9million. Hard to make that work when you're selling your widgets between 2.67 and 5.37 per unit.

Had a look into this earlier, I'd categorise Belgium, Germany, Austria and France as places where running a business isn't massively different to here in terms of costs and there seems to be quite a few elsewhere in the "expensive" EU countries, southern Europe and Poland the wages would have been lower.

They had liabilities over assets of 1.9million. Hard to make that work when you're selling your widgets between 2.67 and 5.37 per unit.
Are you factoring in export costs and time over water?

Are you factoring in export costs and time over water?

I haven't but that's a good point. The figures I used were from DV's own rate card on their website.

I don't generally ship in or out of the EU but I just had a pallet of stuff arrive in country sea freight from Chicago this week and we paid €485 for the shipment FWIW.

I haven't but that's a good point. The figures I used were from DV's own rate card on their website.

I don't generally ship in or out of the EU but I just had a pallet of stuff arrive in country sea freight from Chicago this week and we paid €485 for the shipment FWIW.

Sorry coming back to this. My perception is that there's still a big backlog in the industry as a whole to get vinyl pressed, I don't know if it's still the case and you're desperate to get your record pressed you might just eat the transport costs to get them in time for release, so that might not be a problem for the pressing plant unless they're offering FOB to final destination after a certain threshold.

Sorry coming back to this. My perception is that there's still a big backlog in the industry as a whole to get vinyl pressed, I don't know if it's still the case and you're desperate to get your record pressed you might just eat the transport costs to get them in time for release, so that might not be a problem for the pressing plant unless they're offering FOB to final destination after a certain threshold.
Also factor in, largely Ireland doesn't pay musicians where mainland European countries actually do. They can have a domestic and export business in a way we don't.

Also factor in, largely Ireland doesn't pay musicians where mainland European countries actually do. They can have a domestic and export business in a way we don't.

I don't know how much of a factor that'd be, servicing the domestic market, when you've got contracts to press Taylor Swift records etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back