Dublin bus rage thread (1 Viewer)

What Ernesto said, there's no consistency to the time displayed and when the bus will actually appear. Maybe its just more frustrating in that previously catching a bus was a case of hoping for the best whereas now if I'm told a bus is due in 6 minutes its especially frustrating if its late. This should probably be in sub-minor complaints.

On another note, have bus drivers no pride in their workplace? I regularly get a bus one stop from the terminus and it's often filthy with cans, bottles and free papers everywhere. I'm sure bus drivers will say 'not my job' but still, its basic stuff and it makes for a much more pleasant journey to be on a clean vehicle.

What Ernesto said, there's no consistency to the time displayed and when the bus will actually appear. Maybe its just more frustrating in that previously catching a bus was a case of hoping for the best whereas now if I'm told a bus is due in 6 minutes its especially frustrating if its late. This should probably be in sub-minor complaints.

On another note, have bus drivers no pride in their workplace? I regularly get a bus one stop from the terminus and it's often filthy with cans, bottles and free papers everywhere. I'm sure bus drivers will say 'not my job' but still, its basic stuff and it makes for a much more pleasant journey to be on a clean vehicle.

Dublin bus drivers are in a war of attrition with their customers, Dublin Bus itself, motorists and whatever you've got yourself.

They are not a group known for cheery, big vision thinking. They hate their job and they hate you, because it's your fault.

Be the change you want to see in the world. Maybe grab a few of the papers yourself.

I did that one time, a bottle of beer was rattling about the whole journey so I picked it up as I was getting off. I had planned on lecturing the driver regarding a clean working environment but he started thanking me profusely so I didn't bother.

I was sitting on a park bench having a lovely chat with an old friend and about 50 yards away some woman threw a half pack of biscuits on the grass and trolleyed off.
I fought with it for about 5 minutes but I had to excuse myself and go over and throw that shit in the bin.
Probably came off like a goddamn maniac, but it was like the real world version of an errant apostrophe on the internet - it needed to be corrected.

I did that one time, a bottle of beer was rattling about the whole journey so I picked it up as I was getting off. I had planned on lecturing the driver regarding a clean working environment but he started thanking me profusely so I didn't bother.

I used to chase after motorists on my bike that threw shit out of their cars and knock on their windows. I don't do it anymore as an American friend reminded me of the ready access to firearms in this country.

And anyone that's the type of person to throw shit out of a window is unlikely to be the type to have some Damascene conversion because you get up in their face about it.

I once heard a woman on the radio giving out because on seeing that some kids had thrown sweet wrappers on the ground she picked it up and put it in the bin, only for their mother to storm over, take the litter out and throw it on the ground again with a "fuck you" look on her face.

I hate that mother

odd - my experience is that it's more than 90% reliable.

I have used it infrequently, generally found it pretty good.

At rush hour in Dublin city centre, it can be a good bit off as traffic is generally inching along.

Inbound from Drumcondra or somewhere and it's usually spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back