Drumanacoo (2-day) Punx Picnic, Donegal (2 Viewers)

ill explain. yous all playing chinese whispers. its 10:30pm, i ask james from kidd blunt "can we play at 12:30, and yous play after us?" "yea no problem" says james. so 12:30 arrives and theres confusion as to whos playing first. the person in charge (jasper i believe) explains to kidd blunt that we play, then they play. the lad in charge explained this to them at the side of the stage. they knew the score.

half way through our set a kidd blunt fan gets up on the stage, grabs both my arms and wont let go. i cant play my bass. he shouts in my ear "im gonna remove each one of yous from this stage". kept clear of Townsend though didnt he. wonder why. anyone ever see that at a gig before? a member of the audience bearhugging the band so they cant play? i never seen that shit before.

our drummer hops on him to get him off the stage. while this KB fan is on the ground, blood or whiskey fans are kicking him in the head. real brave lads. real brave..... so we try to keep playing but the same fan now has some projectiles. he does a very good job of slicing up our drummers leg. did you really expect the lads to sit back and let you throw bits of drums at them? you asked for a fight and you got one.

all we wanted to do was play and go home. whatever about stage times, it got delayed, blah blah blah. at 12:30 that night the lad in charge of the fest told us to get up and play, at that same moment he turned to kidd blunt and told them they were on after us. they knew the score.

the KB fan who tried to remove us from the stage was not working at the fest, didnt speak to anyone regarding stage times, he was pissed out of his mind and had no reason for being on the stage. had this person minded his own business we would have played and gone home. not only that, we would have played, gone home, and there would have been time for kidd blunt to play. every bit of shit that went down that night falls on his head. stephen or anyone else whos still confused the number to call is 085-7788353.

last but not least i wanna say kidd blunt are all dead sound, theyre one of my favorite bands. they were the only band i wanted to see at that fest. i think violence should be the very very last option on the table, not the first. on sunday i quit blood or whiskey. I AM NO LONGER IN THE BAND. consider this a press release. anyone who wants to play bass for the pricks should contact them through myspace. and please no more chinese whispers

First of all - the lad in charge, Jasper, told us not to put our gear up on the stage because BoW were "unreasonable". The swapping of the stage times was allowed due to intimidation and fear of an aggressive response towards Kidd Blunt. You might have wanted to play and go home - we simply wanted to play, but we were denied it. BoW stopped playing at twenty to two after starting to set up at twenty to one. There was no sign the band were going to let us play. THAT'S why the violence erupted. It was a reaction to dickhead tactics that are clear to see. Of course you're going to deny it when it's you - but sorry, it doesn't wash. BoW were the cunts.

its 10:30pm, i ask james from kidd blunt "can we play at 12:30, and yous play after us?" "yea no problem" says james.

you were standing there with your bass as the band before we were meant to play were on and i was up there to get my stuff to go on so it defo wasn't two hours before you's played, and you told me that we had switched slots and i didn't question it cause i pressumed from the way you said it that it had already been sorted with the rest of the lads and was grand.

Ah sure you're totally right.

When word gets around that you're stealing slots and punching the ladies ticket sales will rise, right?

no slots were stolen and no ladies were punched. someone fell into that girl. wouldnt have happened if we were allowed to play when the promoter told us to play. chinese whispers. my numbers at the top of this page if you want the facts

shame on blood or whiskey for ruining saturday night, for a couple of hours anyway. kidd blunt were one of the main bands i was looking forward to seeing. why were bow even asked to play when they are obviously such aggressive assholes. what a fantastic weekend apart from that shite! bring on next year!

no slots were stolen and no ladies were punched. someone fell into that girl. wouldnt have happened if we were allowed to play when the promoter told us to play. chinese whispers. my numbers at the top of this page if you want the facts

That girl clearly fell on top of a chinese whisper, thus breaking her glasses. You could drive a bus through the holes in your story lads.

lots of people who wernt there are commenting on what happened, thats odd.

to everyone involved in bringing the garda (thats police to us nordys) up to the festival, you are arseholes,

the girl got a chip in the corner of her glasses, which sucks, but she spent alot of time talking about it, whereas this one guy got pummeled.
boots in the face and all that, becasue chris(bow) THOUGHT HE WAS SOMEONE ELSE, then when he realised it was the wrong guy, he casually walked off muttering an appoligy, the guy who got attacked was just a normal bloke who couldnt understand why on his visit to donegal he got beat up. if it where me who had mistaken the identity of this guy, my face would burn with shame.

but apart from the violence, there are a few sides to every story, its not like BOW sat in their van planning to wreck the timetable!

and again, its a disgrace about kidd blunt not being able to play, but it should have been settled by the promoters not the bands, because they do not have a say in the orginization of the show.

thats my 2p.!zed

Well, I had a fantastic weekend! Everyone I saw were animaly savage, disappointed that I didn't see Moutpiece due to droppin bombs on at the same time.

I'm glad I decided not to pull-out.

Hate the way Spain won the Final!:mad:

yis need a late 90sw bersus modren bands fight fac eofff

brinskill bombeat vs divisions ruin
consssumed vs gundi
the stiffies vs anyone

i blame the pc piunbks mnyself, apart from that its all yer man snottrags faukldt

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

Yeah it was a mental weekend, really enjoyed it :)
Apart from the whole BoW fiasco, that just wrecked the fucking buzz..plus i was really looking forward to seeing Kidd Blunt
All in all had a fucking amazing time :D

i always thought blood or whiskey were fuckin shit but apparently now they're total cunts too!

!baggyyyy

it seems you act like big men but can't be big enough to admit you've done wrong. give up the charade lads! anyone with a few brain cells left in their skulls can read the sides of the argument and logically determine which side seems closest to the truth.

disclaimer: yep, i wasn't there but i do have an opinion and account on eirecore, wahey!

i always thought blood or whiskey were fuckin shit but apparently now they're total cunts too!

!baggyyyy

it seems you act like big men but can't be big enough to admit you've done wrong. give up the charade lads! anyone with a few brain cells left in their skulls can read the sides of the argument and logically determine which side seems closest to the truth.

disclaimer: yep, i wasn't there but i do have an opinion and account on eirecore, wahey!
dunnow abot the total cunts patr but BOW are fuckin great, musicallly like

lots of people who wernt there are commenting on what happened, thats odd.

to everyone involved in bringing the garda (thats police to us nordys) up to the festival, you are arseholes,

the girl got a chip in the corner of her glasses, which sucks, but she spent alot of time talking about it, whereas this one guy got pummeled.
boots in the face and all that, becasue chris(bow) THOUGHT HE WAS SOMEONE ELSE, then when he realised it was the wrong guy, he casually walked off muttering an appoligy, the guy who got attacked was just a normal bloke who couldnt understand why on his visit to donegal he got beat up. if it where me who had mistaken the identity of this guy, my face would burn with shame.

thats my 2p.!zed

Her glasses were more then just chipped, the whole side hinge had broke, and before the gardai came over into the situation blood or whiskey refused to pay anything, so the gardai in our case only made him pay what he shouldve done in the first place, she didn't spend "alot of the time talking about it", so make sure you know what your talking about next time, the drummer hit her in the face for no reason, i know she wasnt the only one that got hit in the crossfire, but i'm only responding to comments that were left earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back