Drumanacoo (2-day) Punx Picnic, Donegal (1 Viewer)

look tbh, blood or whiskey can be blamed for a lot of what happened but the security can take a fair chunk too, if they had have been doing the fucking jobs the situation would never have esculated to the extent that it did, and the fact it was the end of the night and most were fuckin pissed drunk too had a major role in the shit that went on

from our experience the security didn't seem to know what the event was all about. They shut the doors on our gig before we played saying that the bar was closed. Then they opened them once i told the manager that there was a good chance that the people outside would be a bit "disgruntled" if they were in if they were refused admuission to a gig they have already paid into, then I told the sound people that there was likely to be a riot if the security carried on with this sort of bollocks. It meant that they let everyone in, then shut the doors shortly asfter we started because the insurance capacity didn't match the size of the room (how odd!).

I can only imagine the level of arse-ology going on at the tented stage, and curfew or no curfew, every band booked and turning up to play should have had the right to perform, same thing happened last year at rebellion when our stage ran over time and special duties were told they had to go home just as they got on stage.....the stage manager that night ran off and apparantly hid in a cupboard, which is exactly what all 6ft 4" of me would have done if I had pissed off special duties like that.

Shit situation all round that obviously got waaaaayyyy out of hand, am I right in saying that kid blunt were supposed to be on after bow originally but it was agreed that this wasn't a good plan, someone in charge should have been making the calls on this and shortening the sets running up to the end of the gig to compensate

main lesson for organisers to learn is that they need a decent and competent and experienced stage manager get bands on stage on time, offstage on time and the next band queued up and ready to go....especially with a fuckin curfew. With off licence beering going on all day andnobod in charge of getting bands on stage on timetimings were obviously going to go tits up and the enevitable alcoholocaust would happen

that being said, in general the organisation was brilliant, the buzz in the gaff was fantastic, the crowds really really cool and I sensed a genuine feeling of solidarity there, there were some excellent bands, droppin bombs played a blinder, 3cr wre great as usual and toxic waste were a class act as they always are.

hats off to jasper and the crew, its a huge undertaking with limited resources and next year it can only learn from the couple of fuck ups with disaterous consequences

Haha...I should have amde that more clearer. I was just asking for general pics and vids of the weekend.:)

Ya, I left my battery charger in someone else's car, got great photos, bands and also people at it.
Won't prob have photos of this til late tonite at best or tommorow...

from our experience the security didn't seem to know what the event was all about. They shut the doors on our gig before we played saying that the bar was closed. Then they opened them once i told the manager that there was a good chance that the people outside would be a bit "disgruntled" if they were in if they were refused admission to a gig they have already paid into, then I told the sound people that there was likely to be a riot if the security carried on with this sort of bollocks.
All of this is true, I was impressed by Peter's power of persuasion. :cool:

Sorry which one are you Corm?

DIY, John. I'm not having a go at you and I've no problem with you, if you feel it's your duty as the band's manager to sort it out when they act the cock at a DIY punk festival, that's your business.

There's a lot of different stories going around about what happened, but one of the facts is that Blood or Whiskey demanded what they reckoned was due to them, when what most people there would agree that the decent and punk thing to do would have been to compromise and be sound to the other people involved about it. Saying that it's necessary to have a stage manager to sort that out is a cop-out.

I can guarantee you that if it was Kidd Blunt who'd forced their way on ahead of Blood or Whiskey with the same sort of passive-aggressive behaviour, then they'd at least have split the time with Blood or Whiskey. But they wouldn't have been up to that shite in the first place...cos they're a DIY punk band. In fact, most of the bands at the festival wouldn't have been up to that kind of bully-boy shite.

Whether Blood or Whiskey reckon they're more important because they've been touring in the States or have records out on a bigger U.S. label or because they want to make a living from their band, that's their own business and that's fine...as long as they keep it to themselves. But when they start pissing on DIY bands, in a way that the same bands wouldn't do back to them, then they're way out of order.

Ok, I've kept stumm on this until now. So here goes. BOW were giving a stage time and we adhered to it. Nobody from Kidd Blunt asked us to share or split the remaining stage time with them. If they had we would had not had a problem doing so. The chanting for kidd blunt came from Damo, Byrneos, Clodagh and one other guy standing stage right. Byrneos and his mate decide amongst themselves that BOW only have one more song to play and will have to get off the stage. Byrneos grabs at Peter's Bass guitar to stop the gig. BOW are wondering wtf is going on? The sound engineer says nothing to us about having to get off early so BOW continue to play. I turn around and byrneos has a collection of three or four cymbals above his head and within a split second throws them at Chris from about three feet away nearly taking the head of me and Chris, Chris jumps off the stage and settle's the disagreement with Byrneos. Somebody else take's the situation in their own hands ( not BOW people ) and another round of fisticuffs ensue's. Sound engineer pulls the plug. The girl with the glasses goes running looking for the police and demands 150 euro's or will press charges, Dugs and Chris ask the coppers if that the demand does not smack of extortion with the garda agree's with this interpretation. Chris offers her 50 euro's to have her glasse's fixed and they swap name's and address with the understanding that BOW with settle the bill if more cash is needed and she will send Chris a reciept for the work done and if the price is lower than 50 euro's she'll refund the difference. Before all this kicked off I spoke to Byrneos outside the tent and his mate and explained our situation to both of them but it was never put of us to split what remaining time was left.with Kidd Blunt.

The festival was running late - Kidd Blunt were the next band on and you pushed yourselves on instead. Stop bullshitting on about alotted stage times - they weren't applicable because it was running over time. You knew what time it finished and that you had left us on at the end so fuck your stupid attempts at saving face. If nothing was wrong on your side why was Peter coming up to all of us afterwards apologising?? Damo wasn't there you mad bastard.

Ok, I've kept stumm on this until now. So here goes. BOW were giving a stage time and we adhered to it. Nobody from Kidd Blunt asked us to share or split the remaining stage time with them. If they had we would had not had a problem doing so. The chanting for kidd blunt came from Damo, Byrneos, Clodagh and one other guy standing stage right. Byrneos.

Ah now don't be bringing Damo into this, he's somewhere in Africa.

this was feckin unreal, got absolutely mouldy. same thing happend with stage times for us and constant fear, who were real nice guys and let us play 1st even when i offered to let them play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back