Drumanacoo (2-day) Punx Picnic, Donegal (1 Viewer)

hello, I think the correct speeling is DRUMACANOO, not that ist matters really.
As Moose said at the start of this thread - thtas what it is.
We have Ok from Gards, fireofficer is a jobsworth - hence big hall only holding capacity of 300 - when really it would hold comfortably more like 500, but we have to go along with the fire officer, or else he close us down. So he told us we had to get a marquee with capacity of 500 ( cos we pulled the number 8oo tickets out of thin air, this is what he's working on, and thus now what we are), which I have sorted (big circus top, costs me 2000 for the wkend -that is cheap).
Before we had to get the marquee, we were gonna just use the main hall, and have an outside area (there is a decking area 40 x 30 to the side of the main buiding) which would be for acoustic/semi - acoustic sets and djs (not rave djs, this event is free of 'rave' 'dance' music, stuff like rock jihad, dj turd etc etc - in fact any punk/ska/hardcore djs want to have a go - get in touch)- now I'm thinking we just keep it like this & marquee becomes a second main stage - if you can have two main stages that is???
The outside decking arae has to finish by 11.30pm, indoor hall finish by 2am, so I'm not sure what time marquee will finish - we have to consider noise levels for the local residents (not many of em tho').
We want to keep the ticket prices as low as possible - we will be releasing some early tickets at a reduced price before the rest go on sale at the main price. We still ahvent worked all costs out, but we ahev to pay fopr security team (which is gonna be one of our major costs, BUT I CAN GUARANTEE THAT THEY WILL NOT BE THE USUAL IDIOT BOUNCER TYPES, NO WAY - THEY WILL BE THERE TO HELP, NOT TO HINDER. ), BARRIERS (we have to section of parts of the land), generator powered floodlights (X2), CLEANUP AFTER (we will probably have to get a skip) - PA/BACKLINES - Ok Ernside music co-op (Enniskillen lads SETTING OFF SIRENS) will be providing one PA, PROBABLY FOR THE MAIN HALL, this will be of minimum cost, we want to give them something for providing PA & manning it for the weekend. Now that we have the marquee, we gonna have to get another PA/engineer - this one will cost us a few quid, probably sourec it through Cathal Dervish, who does most of the Poo gigs and has done SAI fest last few years.
Then all the other costs - printing, tickets , wristbands etc, we should get this pretty chaep, Mary knows a cheap printer up LK.
Bands expenses/payments & bands hospitality beers - with all the bands that are playing, even if everyone does it cheap, its still gonna cost a bit to make sure everyone does get some cash to help with expenses and have a few tinnies.
I've probably misse dout loads of expenses.
There will be a fullbar, offsales (reasonably priced, otherwise folk can just go 10km into Letterkenny town to buy booze - the bar manager understands this - we siad it has to be reasonably priced - and he will be getting in flagons, buckfast, tinnies etc - any special reqeusts?)
therw ill be food provided by the venue, I think probably along the lines of a chipper - he has been told to make adequate provisions for vegetarians/vegans (Mary is gonna explain to him what veggies eat), but of course bring your own food if you dont want that.
There will be abouncy castle free of charge that will only be operational for an hour or so each day, for adults.
This is a strictly over 18's event, Id will be required. Anarcho munk PM me.
camping is right next to venue ( 2 minute walk across a field).
ther eshould be a few stalls as well - records, books etc.
OK _ bands that are confirmed to play - SMALL MERCIES (uk)/ MOMMA'S SLIPPERS/SEXMAN4/ELROY/THE BAND FORMERLY KNOWN AS CARRY NO BANNERS/STUNT/SETTING OFF SIRENS/MOUTPIECE/LOBOTOMIES/DROPPIN' BOMBS/EXCUSES/AXIS OF/DOGMANDU/BAND WITH NO NAME (EX MO7S)/SANI MONICA CHARM/3CR(UK)/ONLY FUMES & CORPSES/BLOOD RED DOLLS/ESTEL(??)/EVANGELISTS/
WAITING to hear back from loads, loads I not asked yet, now that we have 2 main areas with full PA, this beast has grown quite large, making room for lots of bands. SO GET IN TOUCH. I WAS READING DANIELS 10 live bands for fest lists - I'm not in contact with a lot of them bands, the crusty/sludgey/h/c/doomy stuff - but if yous want to play - get in touch, theres good room now that we have the big top marquee.
Just a point tho here - I have a shite, fckn shite, dial up connection (its at 26.4kbps at momenst), so when bands say to me - go to our myspace and hear our tracks - well I ask you to send me a demo cos it just doesnt work , it takes tooooooooo long. Libraray is good and fast - but they block myspace, and they dont like me in the intnet cafe cos I spilt beer on one of there computers, so thats the craic.
eitehr contact me, or Mary at rebellious jukebox and we work from there.
more definate info soon - tickets etc
cheers thanks for reading Jasper

in am from letterkenny, so i will posting up directions to the venue along with photos so that should be easy to get there.

Hmm, might bring along the distro & label if there "stalls" to be had there
yes just do it - itds not hard to get to this place - get to Letterkenny - there will be mini busses running from bus station to the venue.
Mark Derelict & Moose being of local knowledge, will do as they have said and put up directions/etc
we will be putting out full details of busses/times etc etc
dont come without yer distro!

oh yeah whilst I'm here - ROOSKY confirmed and THE EXPLOITED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back