Driving test (1 Viewer)

Roxy: Mine is Raheny too. My instructor has said that it's a difficult place to get the test. I'd say one of the main reasons is the amount of old / wealthy people around there and the subsequent amount of secondary cars parked everywhere that turn the roads into narrow laneways. Could be the people in the office there too.

I rang them there and if you send a letter from an employer they are talking about 3-4 months with a cancellation list for Raheny.

What a bunch of ASS MASTERS

Anyway, I have my form filled in, my signed letter and my money order will be ready in the morning.

Neilo: You're dead next time you get in that car for expressing worry at my driving.

FancyGoods said:
My spelling is fine I just have a renegade finger with his own agenda.
Heh, ah i was kiddin. I applied for and recently received my Boots clubcard thing (like the dunnes valueclub card blah..). I filled out the application form in the shop, writing my name and address in capital letters. (and I don't have bad writing). When it came in the post, every line had at least one error. My surname, as they put it on the card, doesn't even have a vowel in it. They made my door number 32u instead of 320, spelt my road name completely arseways and spelt Raheny as Rahiny. I think they also wrote Dubin 5.

the driving test is a joke, you can get every single question they ask you wrong, and not know all the road signs they ask you, and still go out and pass.

Also, just a warning in case you werent told this.
When you get in the car the tester may ask you to check if your door is properly closed. Obviously you have to open your door, and close it firmly just to show him/her it is securely closed. However you can fail your test right here. If you dont look over your shoulder before opening your door, you could potentially hit a pedestrian with the door, and you will fail your test right there and then before ever starting the engine.

Dont tell the tester to put on their seat belt. By law they dont have to wear them.

Know whats under your bonnet.. oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid etc, you can fail by not knowing this.

apparently another common thing is not looking in your rear view mirror enough.. i was told do it on avergage every 20 secs-30 secs, and exaggerate it by moving your head slightly to show you are looking up at the mirror.

finally avoid all british testers, they are by rule of thumb dickheads.

brianMy Remorse said:
finally avoid all british testers, they are by rule of thumb dickheads.
Can't beat the aul rules of thumb eh?

I know of someone who failed simply because, as he was slowly approaching a green traffic light, an oldish woman had put her foot out to cross and he slowed and gave her a little hand gesture telling her to go ahead. Probably thought he was getting brownie points. But no, he was failed on this, as you're not allowed to signal to pedestrians. :confused: A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray, now seriously.

boigaz said:
Roxy: Mine is Raheny too.
What was your test route, generally speaking? I know there's one route that usually goes round the back of St. Annes, into Clontarf etc yeah?

And don't talk to me about the old people. Riddled with them. At times, it's like that episode in Father Ted....Eoin Love...

roxy said:
What was your test route, generally speaking? I know there's one route that usually goes round the back of St. Annes, into Clontarf etc yeah?
No, I went the opposite way. Down from the test centre to Raheny village, straight through and past the dart station, then next left, ... did the reversing and about turn in and around the housing estates there and ended up emerging up at killester near the Texaco garage before heading back to the test centre, straight down the main road and turning in at the village near the Watermill pub (Green Dolphin) , GAA club etc.

boigaz said:
No, I went the opposite way. Down from the test centre to Raheny village, straight through and past the dart station, then next left, ... did the reversing and about turn in and around the housing estates there and ended up emerging up at killester near the Texaco garage before heading back to the test centre, straight down the main road and turning in at the village near the Watermill pub (Green Dolphin) , GAA club etc.
That seems really short for some reason. :confused: I know exactly where you're talking about like. It's probably not though when you're actually doing it. I thought they took around 45 mins, no? Ah anyways.

The thing I'm worried about is that I drive a 96 corsa whose previously life was in Kerry and who probably wasn't loved in a ladydriver kinda way. It drives fine (well...the odd hum..) but 9 times out of 10, when you turn on and accelerate, the speedometer needle sticks at 0mph and you have to tap tap tap it hard with your fingernail to get it to unstick. Imagine having to do this with a tester sitting beside you...gas....but not really - that's my point.

roxy said:
That seems really short for some reason. :confused: I know exactly where you're talking about like. It's probably not though when you're actually doing it. I thought they took around 45 mins, no? Ah anyways.

The thing I'm worried about is that I drive a 96 corsa whose previously life was in Kerry and who probably wasn't loved in a ladydriver kinda way. It drives fine (well...the odd hum..) but 9 times out of 10, when you turn on and accelerate, the speedometer needle sticks at 0mph and you have to tap tap tap it hard with your fingernail to get it to unstick. Imagine having to do this with a tester sitting beside you...gas....but not really - that's my point.

are you a driving instructor?
do you think you're a driving instructor?

roxy said:
But no, he was failed on this, as you're not allowed to signal to pedestrians. :confused: A bit of common sense wouldn't go astray, now seriously.
yeah you're not allowed signal pedestrians or other cars.
you cant flash your lights at someone to let them move out and you cant give a polite wave to someone to thank them for letting you out.

my mate failed his for beeping his horn at his fiance while doing the test.
and theres no innuendo there.
no... in your end-o

roxy said:
There was a load of messing around the housing estates. Went right round in a circle at one point. It took ~ 25 minutes all in all. As far as I know that's standard.

roxy said:
You definitely have to get that fixed. They could potentially fail you for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back