Driving test (1 Viewer)

shidheat

Solutions
Start 2005 off the RIGHT way. Fail your driving test like I just did.

I just waited 13 months for a driving test and I got a wanker who failed me - heavily. I don't get it. My instructor had me down as a definite pass. I thought I had passed the thing when I got back to the test centre, and then I see no less than 21 grade 2s and 1 grade 3 on the report. I was raging as I drove home...

Well.... whether it was 1st day back at work for the intructor or just bad driving by me; how long does it take to get a re-test if you have a letter from work?

Ah shit Boigaz - very sorry to hear that! I should have mine in about 6-8 weeks or so. Booked it last friggin March. I would've been fairly confident too about passing but now reading your post......:eek: Bollox. Do you think your instructor was trustworthy in telling you that you'd be a definite pass? Did you a do a pre-test with the instructor? Had you been driving yourself before the test?

I had an instructor before tell me that a pupil of hers failed just on reversing round a corner - she just tipped the kerb slightly (Obviously as this is a blue fault or whatever they call them, and you can't have even one of those). But the tester even said to her "listen, you're really a great driver but I can't let you pass on that...". But the woman was smart - she had booked her test 50/52+ weeks earlier like everyone else, but after she booked it, she waited a couple of weeks and booked another one. That way, having failed it, she only had to wait a few wks for her turn to come round again. If she had passed the first one she could've cancelled the second one. Inspired, I thought.

roxy said:
Ah shit Boigaz - very sorry to hear that! I should have mine in about 6-8 weeks or so. Booked it last friggin March. I would've been fairly confident too about passing but now reading your post......:eek: Bollox. Do you think your instructor was trustworthy in telling you that you'd be a definite pass? Did you a do a pre-test with the instructor? Had you been driving yourself before the test?
I don't know about the instructor. He seems like a good intructor but he's the only one I've had... I did a pre-test with him the day before and he passed me with conservative marking. After I failed I was talking to him and he reckoned the guy was just a bollox. I've been driving every day for the last 6 months and i've been taking lessons at regular intervals to try not to get bad habits.

I was told a while back by others though that you can get testers who will fail you before you even start the engine.

Ah fuck it. Roll on the next one. But, has anyone had experience with the fast-track way, i.e. getting a note from employer?

roxy said:
............ That way, having failed it, she only had to wait a few wks for her turn to come round again. If she had passed the first one she could've cancelled the second one. Inspired, I thought.
I think quite a few people do that. I've been told that there is a cancellation list that you can put your name on if you can make yourself available at short notice. Worth checking out..

The Chilli King said:
I think quite a few people do that. I've been told that there is a cancellation list that you can put your name on if you can make yourself available at short notice. Worth checking out..
Nah I'm on the cancellation list. It just (potentially) cuts a few weeks of the end of the waiting (which will perhaps make it a cheery 50 weeks instead of 54 for example).
The percentage of people passing ranges from the mid-to high 60s in some centres down to the mid-40s in others. Always thought that was dodgy. My centre (Raheny) has the longest waiting list and one of the lowest pass rate (49.7pc). :( I'm hoping that my living in the area of centre (and so knowing it well) will maybe help a little. But if you get a bollox sure what are ye te do.

From drivingtest.ie:
Q. Can I look for an early test for employment purposes?

A. An early test can be arranged in such cases; you must however provide written confirmation from your employer (prospective employer) that you are being offered employment, which requires a full driving licence. The confirmation should be on the employers headed paper and must include the employers RSI number. In such cases the candidate may get short notice of a test appointment.

since they brought in the new system it seems harder to fail. I failed when there was no clear reason given. Just the word of the instructor. Then I did the test again where they used the new sheet with all th tick boxes and passed even though I made a balls of the reversing around the corner. You have to get a certain number of points to pass, which you can get even if you fuck up just one thing.

Anthony said:
since they brought in the new system it seems harder to fail. I failed when there was no clear reason given. Just the word of the instructor. Then I did the test again where they used the new sheet with all th tick boxes and passed even though I made a balls of the reversing around the corner. You have to get a certain number of points to pass, which you can get even if you fuck up just one thing.
Was it changed recently? Coz I thought as of this time last year the sytem of Grade 1,2 and 3 faults was in place. You could get as many grade 1 faults as you liked but you could only get maybe 3 (?) grade 2 and if you got even one grade 3 then you were outta there....

roxy said:
I had an instructor before tell me that a pupil of hers failed just on reversing round a corner - she just tipped the kerb slightly (Obviously as this is a blue fault or whatever they call them, and you can't have even one of those). But the tester even said to her "listen, you're really a great driver but I can't let you pass on that..

this happened to me - it's a grade 3 error or something, of which you can only have 1. i had nothing else, a grade 2 here or there or something, anyway total pain in the hole
i have never wanted to punch the head off a 60 year old man so much in my life
total waste of time. i've been driving for years, am continuiously reckless and smoke and send text messages a lot while driving down the m50, but i did one of those crash course test things which got me from 'worst test driving ever' to 'should have passed' in 3 hours...but then i bumped the curb.
oh well - that guy'll probably be dead in the next 10 years or so, some form of cancer i'll wager
andrew

Anthony said:

I failed my test on having like 7 Grade 2 errors, even though you're allowed like 14 or somethign altogether.

I failed cause you can't have more than four on one thing, and I had nearly all of mine on observing. So pissed off, I did it in the hardest test route in the country (Wicklow) and reversed around a corner/three point turned perfect in a 92 Toyota Corrolla estate, which is MASSIVE. I was fucking looking, I reckon they expect you to turn your entire torso or something.

sorry helena - it's actually called 'turn about' and not '3 point turn'
so you pretty much deserved to fail and you have no business behind the wheel of a car
also you are a woman

andrew

helena said:
I failed my test on having like 7 Grade 2 errors, even though you're allowed like 14 or somethign altogether.

I failed cause you can't have more than four on one thing, and I had nearly all of mine on observing. So pissed off, I did it in the hardest test route in the country (Wicklow) and reversed around a corner/three point turned perfect in a 92 Toyota Corrolla estate, which is MASSIVE. I was fucking looking, I reckon they expect you to turn your entire torso or something.
hi helena...

just wanted to let you know that, yes, i'm ripping you off in that other thread where everybody's now started talking about cats.

hi boigaz...

if it makes you feel any better, a friend of mine was raving about how cool she thought your thumped compilation was; i think she got a copy of it at the lazybird birthday night. so there.

hi everybody else...

i can't drive. or rather i can, but very slowly. i can cycle, though. and i am an expert bus-getter.

I passed my test first time. The trick is to pretend you're an eager to please play-by-the-rules prep boy with respect for authority and wouldn't hurt a fly type guy.

I cut out on a hill start in Raheney I recovered quickly, but that doesn't matter. What counts is that I said 'Whoopsie Daisy!" as I did it, leading the instructor to believe I was a real swell guy who couldn't drive badly if he tried.

FancyGoods said:
Are you still annoyed 'cause I couldnt go to your birthday disco?

i dunno, i just find it kinda difficult to be friends with a f'n wimp
here get onto AIM
cuz people will complain about cars
andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back