Drill music (1 Viewer)

Theseus Mock

Solutions
‘They’re just making them more famous’ – Irish drill artist on YouTube deleting videos flagged by UK police as inciting violence - Independent.ie

An Irish drill artist claims that removing UK drill artists’ videos from YouTube is only serving to make them more famous.
The platform has taken the decision to delete just over half of the music videos flagged by police as inciting violence.
Metropolitan Police Commissioner Cressida Dick has blamed social media for fuelling a surge in murders in London, singling out the drill genre of rap music for glamourising violent crime.
Drill originated in Chicago but has been adopted by British artists and has drawn criticism for depicting hooded and masked gangs threatening each other with violent lyrics, and gestures.
Dublin rapper Ciaran INKredible (aka INK or Young Trap Prince), who shields his identity behind his drill persona, writes, produces and directs his own drill videos, set and filmed in the capital.
The 32 year-old says that the move by YouTube to effectively ban certain videos only serves to promote the artists.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Why is it called “drill”?

Wikipedia to the rescue: "'Drill' is a slang term for use of automatic weapons."

There's nothing in the music for me, but that's OK; I'd imagine it's a 'soundtrack to a subculture' kind of thing. Like, I don't really understand why the wannabe gangsters who sit in their car their driveway up the road listen to far too glossy beats with chipmunk vocals warbling over 'em. To each their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back