Dreamworks Make Tintin Movie; Please revive this thread in a few years (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,21351177-10388,00.html

AFTER 25 years of negotiations, Steven Spielberg's Dreamworks Studios has begun preparations for a Tintin film, the firm that owns the rights to the celebrated animated hero said today.
"We began negotiations with Spielberg's company 25 years ago. Three years ago, we signed a contract with his company, Dreamworks. Last week, they decided to enter into preproduction to make a series of Tintin films," Moulinsart's owner Nick Rodwell said.

If it is successful, the "major production" due for 2009 or 2010 will be the first in a series, he said at a press conference in Brussels.

Rodwell did not say which of the 23 Tintin adventures the film will be based on, and he declined to specify whether it would be a movie or an animation.

"With Harry Potter, everyone knows that there are seven films. We have 23 scenarios. If the first succeeds, the series will continue," he said.

Rodwell's wife Fanny is the widow and sole heir of Herge, the Belgian creator of the young reporter and his faithful canine companion Snowy.

She is also the president of Studios Herge, which protects the work of the animator, who died in 1983 and hoped that a Tintin film would be made by a big name in cinema
2009 or 2010, excellent!

apparently there was some dodgy right wing stuff in some of the early stories

here's an article defending herge

I love the books, I love the amazing art and the humour, but I just can't see it translating to a good movie

But I'll get back to you in 10 years

apparently there was some dodgy right wing stuff in some of the early stories

here's an article defending herge

I love the books, I love the amazing art and the humour, but I just can't see it translating to a good movie

But I'll get back to you in 10 years

No I get the whole racist thing, he was even arrested for being a nazi after the war despite some obvious anti-fascist stories.

But coke bottles?

also this

Toison.jpg

Image:Toison.jpg

Vandamme has wanted to do a Tintin Movie for years now. He'd be great. Tintin doing the splits and then snapping necks.

HAHAHA, instead of the kid from Love Actually they've got the kid (man!) from Billy Elliot as Tintin

Daniel Craig as Red Rackham, bit odd that one

oh indeed!- is this the first time theyve mentioed it's going to be animated?

this could be good, though Spielberg doing it, I hope he doesnt lose the very 'European' feel of it

i thought spielberg was just lending his jewish beard as producer... i like most of spielberg's output in the last 10 years but this feels like he just wants to try out some new technology.

i'm not sure about this 3-d motion capture thang. why not just do it 4 realz.

mate gave me a lend of the cartoon box set the other week, god they were terrible! stick to the comics people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back