downloading movies and tv shows (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
how should i go about this? i have an iBook with Limewire on it - but you should really only use that facility for music right?

i've no idea where to start so any tips would be appreciated.

Limewire is dandy for tv and movies.Depending on the quality that is important to you and the storage space you have you can search for movies/tv shows using keywords like ipod or .mp4 or .m4a (for smaller more compressed files) that will play in iTunes or Quicktime - feature film average 200/300MB or divx,xvid .mov etc that will play in most popular media players (VLC is a good multi format media player for mac) they usually come in just under 700MB -you could of course convert them to smaller files with iSquint if space was an issue.
There may be better ways and better place for this but you know...this works for me.

Also if you want to rip dvds of movies and tv series...well that's easily done too .

happy to help further if i can.

wow thanks all!

im going to go and google the word ;torrent' now because i have no idea what it is!

thanks again

http://www.torrents.to is a great site that searches all the main torrent sites for you with one click, it has tabs at the top of the screen much like firefox or the google bar. Limewire is great for music but you'd want a good anti-spyware program because you don't know exactly what you're downloading whereas torrent sites have feedback sections where you can check if your download is clean.

Read a great article a while back about how, once people start writing virii for the Mac, they're all fucked, because mac users are so head-in-the-sand about virus protection.

But yeah, torrents are the biz. Much faster too in my experience.

Read a great article a while back about how, once people start writing virii for the Mac, they're all fucked, because mac users are so head-in-the-sand about virus protection.

But yeah, torrents are the biz. Much faster too in my experience.

Its not that macs are wide open but there just aren't any viruses out there. There are viruses and macs do have protection against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back