Doping (1 Viewer)

Reading it, I'm wary of the methology.
What would have been the result if they had the same test prior to the 8 weeks with epo
Maybe the group using epo were worse cyclists to begin with and the 38 second gap represents an improvement but as they didn't test in a race beforehand, we don't know.

My understanding is that the big benefit from EPO is to aid recovery so on a one day effort as the final test was, this also should be borne in mind.

Cohen seems to be in favour of delisting epo as an illegal doping product. Did he have this view before or after he undertook this testing?
Hard to criticise the methodology yet when the actual paper hasn't been published yet. I'm going to presume that they have picked cyclists who are all of a similar level and then randomly assigned them to one of the two groups. I'm holding back on opinions until it's actually published and the full methods are available. This is a promo piece at the end of the day, the actual article will be peer-reviewed and a lot more detail will be available with it.

A sad sign of how cynical I am about modern track and field that I can see the utter joy in this woman's face after breaking Flo-Jo's 28 year old world record and my instant thought is, "cheat."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A sad sign of how cynical I am about modern track and field that I can see the utter joy in this woman's face after breaking Flo-Jo's 28 year old world record and my instant thought is, "cheat."

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yep, but you're almost certainly right

Lads if you had a naturally low haematocrit level, EPO could turn you from Lada into a Ferrari as even with the 50% level limit some people had such a huge gap to improve beyond recognition by being able to increase so dramatically the possibilities of their anaerobic power and use methods to bribe the UCI into telling you when you'd be tested, getting the UCI to bury a positive test or stall the testers to guzzle water to dilute and get your level down to 49.9 or whatever . Christophe Rinero would be a likely example of the donkey - thoroughbred rider.

Before that you could take it to extremes and Mr 60% Bjarne Riis is a good example.

So the morons who say let them take what they want: they do. It's still not fair.

And yeah, that and HGH and other stuff takes away a lot o the negative sides of training like having to wait for your body to recover for longer than ten minutes.

When I met Paolo I asked if he thought Dani was clean. "Yes. Because he always falls apart in the third week".

Just like Charley Mottet I guess. Let's see.

When I met Paolo I asked if he thought Dani was clean. "Yes. Because he always falls apart in the third week".

Just like Charley Mottet I guess. Let's see.

cycling, the only sport where you want your favourite rider to do well, but not that well.

Froome/Sky = FRAUD

No wonder the Russians are fuming with this shite happening in plain sight.

Can't wait til Salazar's pet-project, Mo-Bot rocks up to the start line in Rio. Putin will spit out his cornflakes everywhere.

until the rise of Ilnur Zakarin Russian cycling had been shockingly weak. Ilnur who was banned for two years aged 19 was the first Russian to win a Tour stage since the 2009.
a few years ago in the end of year nations World rankings Ireland's points ( i.e. Dan and Nico) dwarfed Russia's points total.

less than 30k to go in San Sebastian....

until the rise of Ilnur Zakarin Russian cycling had been shockingly weak. Ilnur who was banned for two years aged 19 was the first Russian to win a Tour stage since the 2009.
a few years ago in the end of year nations World rankings Ireland's points ( i.e. Dan and Nico) dwarfed Russia's points total.

less than 30k to go in San Sebastian....
well, don't forget dinny menchov!

Wasn't menchov banned after he retired and striped of a couple of years tour de France results (though not striped of anything he won)

While in the giro, you had the unbelievable mountain TT from some guy from gazprom that name eludes me
yeah Foliforov.

And don't forget Roglic. Just started cycling and now he's winning TTs all around him.

He was one of the ones it was thought had the motor in his bike at the Straide Bianchi.

Edit: hes not Russian, but deserves honourable mention in this thread.

Vjatheslav ekimov in line for top russian cycling federation.

For those less familiar with cycling, ekimov as well as being team manager of katusha and a key domestique for lance armstrong

yep, olympic TT medal winner too. Made an absolute mockery of cycling during his career.

I've kind of stopped caring though. The whole thing is a joke. Systematic doping in Russia in an Olympic games where Brits and USA came ahead of them in the medals table. Where Dave fucking Brailsford won't tell what was in the jiffy back, and no one is outraged over this.

The truth is, carry out the same in-depth review of doping in any country that did well in any given olympics and I'm sure you'll find that the exact same thing happened.

Fuckin sport. Rigged from top to bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back