Doping (1 Viewer)

nice wan

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm sure there are doping PL players but that looks like one of those sad fake football journalists twitter accounts which are common but I can't understand the point of.

Meldonium was developed by the soviet union to help their soldiers in the Afghan war
The inventor of the drug Sharapova got banned for says it began its life as a super-soldier serum

An excuse used was to prevent diabetes. I see this as eyes rolling when you consider she is selling a product called sugarpova.
- - -
The UCI in cycling was looking at banning Eduard vorganov team for 2 positive tests in a short period of time. The only reason they weren't banned I recall as the other positive in the last year for the team was for cocaine use so was judged that this was not related to the team.

---
In the last week several more Russian athletes tested positive

Did they all think it was a spam e-mail so they didn't click on it?

He's been playing a lot better this season, full French international too. Slimming pills can act as a masking agent right?
or they're frequently taken to keep weight off

I thought I saw a reference to him being dropped before over some weight issues he had.

But yea, they can be taken to mask other shit.

Big whoops

I guess at least 6 months, 6 months is what rusvelo riders all got when they tested positive en masse at the Russian championships a couple of years back and team doctor was blamed

But I think punishments are more severe now

Reading it, I'm wary of the methology.
What would have been the result if they had the same test prior to the 8 weeks with epo
Maybe the group using epo were worse cyclists to begin with and the 38 second gap represents an improvement but as they didn't test in a race beforehand, we don't know.

My understanding is that the big benefit from EPO is to aid recovery so on a one day effort as the final test was, this also should be borne in mind.

Cohen seems to be in favour of delisting epo as an illegal doping product. Did he have this view before or after he undertook this testing?

Reading it, I'm wary of the methology.
What would have been the result if they had the same test prior to the 8 weeks with epo
Maybe the group using epo were worse cyclists to begin with and the 38 second gap represents an improvement but as they didn't test in a race beforehand, we don't know.

My understanding is that the big benefit from EPO is to aid recovery so on a one day effort as the final test was, this also should be borne in mind.

Cohen seems to be in favour of delisting epo as an illegal doping product. Did he have this view before or after he undertook this testing?

aye, EPO is/was primarily a training drug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back