Doping (1 Viewer)

Disagree. Quinlan actually admits to doping in his response and argues that, because some munster player who was 'suspicious' didn't fail a drugs test, that theres nothing to see here.

By Quinlan's logic, cycling is a clean sport because almost nobody fails a drugs test in that sport.

His response was very naive and ill-thought. It looks more a case of his wanting to protest so much that he didn't even address the actual points that Kimmage has made (ie: that there were more positives in rugby last year than in athletics).

And the backlash Kimmage is getting reminds me of the backlash against me when I mentioned it here.

Rugby, like every other professional sport, has been corrupted by money, and is rotten to the core. With that comes omerta, in order to protect the image of the sport, and that omerta rises right up to those in charge.

Luckily for rugby, theres another scandal breaking in cycling today.

the never failed a test thing is such bullshit. I don't really know anything about rugby but does anyone know what kind of tests they administer? just urine or do they take blood as well?

I read a lot about doping in MMA/pro wrestling and the usual things brought up there are that smart fighters (and the ones with money) are on stuff like growth hormone which doesn't really have a reliable test.

if you know when you're going to be tested then it's just an IQ test. for growth hormone one of the things brought up is that if you take a shot before bedtime then it's out of your system by the 8am the next morning or whenever the testers will show up. also the only positives for growth hormone in MMA recently seem to have come from guys getting tested within a few hours of taking a shot. the chances of actually failing are basically zero unless you're really dumb.

also re: growth hormone - what i've read says it's not necessarily going to make some people stronger or faster for a fight/match but what it does is help with training and recovery in training which means you can train harder for longer etc.

My points in the other thread were never intended to single out rugby, but rugby people burying their heads in the sand thinking their shit don't stink, thats fucked up.

As far as I know rugby haven't yet signed up to the bio-passport so its urine only.

A professional sport that requires speed, strength and stamina, of course its riddled with drugs.

And its not just about not getting caught doping. A lot of the top sportspeople in their respective sports have the comfort of knowing that, were they to get caught, they'd have protection from someone on-high (such as was the case with Lance Armstrong).

To get caught doping requires 2 things. 1: to dope. 2: for everyone to hate you.

Met a Connacht player in a pub over in the west last year. He has 1 Irish cap. I asked him about doping. He said he knew of 3 Irish internationals who everyone pretty much knew doped and said it was said that most if not all of the Springboks were juiced up. I asked him how do Connacht prepare and he told me they have a room where each player goes individually for their "supplements". I tweeted kimmage this at the time. I've yet to receive a thanks for the heads up.

Met a Connacht player in a pub over in the west last year. He has 1 Irish cap. I asked him about doping. He said he knew of 3 Irish internationals who everyone pretty much knew doped and said it was said that most if not all of the Springboks were juiced up. I asked him how do Connacht prepare and he told me they have a room where each player goes individually for their "supplements". I tweeted kimmage this at the time. I've yet to receive a thanks for the heads up.

A ?

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all rugby doesn't have more positives, that was a spurious claim by one person from an anti-doping lab with little to back it up. He hits out at Kimmage and Benezach for providing little evidence for their arguments. And he's right, it's all very anecdotal. Look I've never played the sport to anything resembling a high level so I literally have no clue but it seems to me that the players are tested regularly and extremely few are caught. People seem to nearly see that as evidence in itself which is bonkers in my opinion.

Actually what made me most angry reading Quinlan's article was that Liam Hennessey wasn't a fan of supplements. No wonder Ireland were so shit at the World Cup in '07

I'd like names to be deleted here, jaypers I was just trying to clue ye in, the lad was no whistleblower, just a sound chap talking to me in a pub!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back