Dole Question (1 Viewer)

Carlow Punks!

I'm applying for a job it Ireland that I think pretty good, but works out as part-time hours, probably on a self-employed/freelance basis.

Can I sign on the dole then for part-time hours to supplement my income? I'm not currently on the dole. I have not worked in Ireland on PAYE basis for a few years so have no 'credits'.

I used to do the part-time dole a few years back, but that was because I choose to cut back an existing full-time job to a half week.. and my boss had to write she could not give me extra hours. Also she had to sign a weekly time card.

If I remember correctly you had to be on a full time job that had now cut back on your hours, in order to get part-time dole, you couldn't choose a part-time position knowingly from the start and then also claim the part-time dole. Also I don't think I will have a direct boss or set hours, so I cannot get someone to sign a weekly time card.

Is there some kind of dole for self-employed people not yet making enough cash/hours to sustain themselves?
Could I sign on totally at first, then just ring up weekly and sign off for about two days a week? I used to do this when I was teaching one day a week, but again I was on the dole already for a while.

Someone here has got to be a dole expert!?

are you just back in the country?
if not, they may ask why you didn't need dole till now.

I'm not back in the country yet but if and when I return, my first port of call off the plane will be the dole office!

I heard they are fast tracking applications now because of the economy... its now about a week rather then four? Any truth in this?

I was doing 15 hours over 6 days about a year ago and wasnt entitled to anything..Hilariously I was regarded as being in Full-Time employment because I worked 6 days a week..
Make sure you don't try hard and work everyday:rolleyes:, there's zero incentive to work a few hours as far as I can see:mad:

I'm applying for part-time dole. Apparently it'll take 3 months before I see anything.

You can work up to 3 days a week and this is deducted from the dole. If you work sunday it's not taken from your dole as it's supposed to be your day off.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx

That might help.

Does anyone know anything about Health Centers giving interim payments to people waiting on Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit claims to be processed?

I'm applying for part-time dole. Apparently it'll take 3 months before I see anything.

You can work up to 3 days a week and this is deducted from the dole. If you work sunday it's not taken from your dole as it's supposed to be your day off.

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/JobseekersAllowance/Pages/ja.aspx

That might help.

Does anyone know anything about Health Centers giving interim payments to people waiting on Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit claims to be processed?

go down to your local health centre and ask for the community welfare officer, they'll tell ya whether you're eligible and give you a supplementary welfare allowance form to fill in/bring back

been a while for me but if you're eligible they might write ya a cheque there and then. happened to me but that was in 2003

That might help.

i am currently on supplementary welfare allowance while i await for a decision on my job seekers allowance claim. got a cheque on friday for 260 euro and yesterday for 204.30 and will recieve one every tuesday until dole is sorted. well worth filling in forms etc.

wrong, you can get the dole no matter how little you've paid.

i have applied for jobseekers' allowance. no problem there, yer man was lovely and gave me the little slips to give to my employer (for whom i work 1/2/3 days a week as a freelancer).

they are now saying they will not fill in the relevant forms as i am not technically employed with them.

anyone else ever had this happen them?

i have applied for jobseekers' allowance. no problem there, yer man was lovely and gave me the little slips to give to my employer (for whom i work 1/2/3 days a week as a freelancer).

they are now saying they will not fill in the relevant forms as i am not technically employed with them.

anyone else ever had this happen them?

I suppose you'd be classed as self-employed then. Do you get cheques/cash/bank payment from your 'employer'. Do you pay tax on that income? Not sure what the dole vibe is for self-employed people. But if the employer has you as a freelancer then i suppose they are technically correct in saying they do not employ you.

I suppose you'd be classed as self-employed then. Do you get cheques/cash/bank payment from your 'employer'. Do you pay tax on that income? Not sure what the dole vibe is for self-employed people. But if the employer has you as a freelancer then i suppose they are technically correct in saying they do not employ you.

i outlined all of this when i had my interview in the welfare office - made sure to make it clear that i'm self employed, have never been on a contract with this company, etc. i pay tax myself and did so last year - i have remittance forms from the company. they didn't raise an eyebrow in the dole office so not sure why the company is. i'm not trying to scam them - jobseekers allowance is for people who are only working a few days. uuuggghhhh.

Is anyone here currently on jobseekers allowance and working part time? I'm trying to figure out if I'm calculating the deductions correctly and if it'll be worth my while commuting to dublin for a job...

Dole = €188

If you work 3 days a week they do this:

Divide your weekly pay by 3 to get a daily rate
Let you have €20 of your daily rate and then deduct 60% of the remainder.

So if your daily rate was €120 (to keep the maths simple...) you'd get €60 (€20 plus 40% of €100) and they'd take €60.

Then, over 3 days you'd get €8 dole and your total income for the week would be €368 - €tax and €USC

Am I doing it right? I was talking to the dole lad earlier but I've bewildered myself scribbling numbers.

Is anyone here currently on jobseekers allowance and working part time? I'm trying to figure out if I'm calculating the deductions correctly and if it'll be worth my while commuting to dublin for a job...

Dole = €188

If you work 3 days a week they do this:

Divide your weekly pay by 3 to get a daily rate
Let you have €20 of your daily rate and then deduct 60% of the remainder.

So if your daily rate was €120 (to keep the maths simple...) you'd get €60 (€20 plus 40% of €100) and they'd take €60.

Then, over 3 days you'd get €8 dole and your total income for the week would be €368 - €tax and €USC

Am I doing it right? I was talking to the dole lad earlier but I've bewildered myself scribbling numbers.
I work with numbers and I'm scratching my head here.

Social welfare. They deduct an amount for each day you work based on your means. They disregard the first €20 and calculate your means as the remainder. Then they deduct 60% of your means from your dole for each day you work. I think...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back