dog friendly dublin pubs (1 Viewer)

mr pharmacist!!!!1

i was walking home through ballybough this afternoon and passed by the sunset house, they had a sign saying 'no dogs allowed, only guide dogs'

anyway, does anyone know of any pubs around dublin that allow dogs in them? id fucking love to bring the dog along for an afternoons drinking some day. i think hes ready.

Mahers facing the Esso garage on the junction of Richmond road/Fairview/Ballybough, but 5 mins from The Sunset house...the bar is teh place, not the lounge.

Jack Nealons used to have a dog (Red Setter I think) that used to just walk around the pub all the time, I remember nearly standing on it a few times when drunk.

i was walking home through ballybough this afternoon and passed by the sunset house, they had a sign saying 'no dogs allowed, only guide dogs'

anyway, does anyone know of any pubs around dublin that allow dogs in them? id fucking love to bring the dog along for an afternoons drinking some day. i think hes ready.

saw this one last year. shocking.

NO DOG'S ALLOWED ACCEPT GUIDE DOG'S.

even more shocking would be

NO DOGS ALLOWED - EVEN / ESPECIALLY GUIDE DOGS

I used to work in a restaurant with this prick who refused to serve a man with a guide dog on the grounds that the dog was a health hazard! Needless to say all the other customers in the place rang Gerry Ryan the next day going mental. I'd people coming in for days afterwards telling me they'd never eat there again they were so outraged.

The prick himself even ended up on the radio and was totally unapologetic about the incident.

Bizarrely enough the boss didn't sack him. His opinion was that any form of publicity was good publicity.

Been thinking about it and I reckon your age has more to do with whether a pub will let you in with your dog or not, meaning I dont think Id get in ANYWHERE with mine, they'd just assume I was being cheeky or up to something.

id fucking love to bring the dog along for an afternoons drinking some day. i think hes ready.
Can people still afford to go for an afternoons drinking in Ireland then?

I found a place in NYC that served pints Hefeweizen for 3 bucks a go.
There is some very fucking large dogs in there come to think of it. Mastiffs. Two of them. Like small bulls so they are.
orson_and_kids_1.jpg

there's a pub here called smugglers, it's where people go to release their inner pirate (and they have a good selection of cider)

anyway last time i was there this huge big pirate-looking aussie dude was there with his pair of Australian bulldogs, Clive and Brutus. they lounged and drooled and lapped up water from a bucket as their human had a few chilled beers.

big burly dogs at worn-in pirate-type pubs?

fucking AWESOME.

I think I said this before, but how are blind people supposed to read those signs saying that they can bring their guide dogs in? Surely they should have a megaphone playing the message on a loop outside the pub instead.

what were you doing walking in such a dangerous area of town, on your own? will you never learn?

anyway, another question I have. Are there any pubs for dogs where people aren't allowed in? that'd be deadly if there were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back