Doctor Who (1 Viewer)

Favourite Doctor?

• First Doctor - William Hartnell (1963 - 1966)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sixth Doctor - Colin Baker (1984 - 1986)

• Seventh Doctor - Sylvester McCoy (1987 - 1989, 1996)

• Eighth Doctor - Paul McGann (1996)

• Ninth Doctor - Christopher Eccleston (2005)

• Total voters
The Field Mice and Doctor Who? You're on a roll tonight. I nearly bought a cardboard cut out of Tom Baker once but then I realised it was creepy. Then I realised I was probably creepy anyway so went to buy it. Then it was sold out. Then I nearly bought a cardboard cutout of John Simm as the master then... didn't.

But anyway, I wanted David Morrissey to be the new doc, but alas.

Tom Baker was the best Dr (except maybe the last 2) - I love Jon Petwee too, there was some great 'monsters' in his episodes too.

Don't remember that Paul McGann fellow at all. Tom Baker's the one I remember watching the most. I have a vague memory of being in primary school and Tom Baker visiting as the Doctor.I just remember him knocking on the door and coming in and the whole class going nuts. I would've been about 7 or so.
I always watch it when I catch it on telly. Just back from the local library and noticed they had a bunch of dvd's,I'll have to remember to borrow them after the next while.

go peter goooooooooooooo. not goo. but a carried go. i want him to do well. he's done right by me.

I quite like Paul McGann... not necessarily as the Doctor, but as an actor, he's got a sensitivity about him, he was so lovely in Our Mutual Friend.

I quite like Paul McGann... not necessarily as the Doctor, but as an actor, he's got a sensitivity about him, he was so lovely in Our Mutual Friend.

Me too and I thought he'd make a good Dr. To be honest it was totally his fault - the whole film was very Americanized. Eric Roberts played the MASTER lol.

NERD IN.

Me too and I thought he'd make a good Dr. To be honest it was totally his fault - the whole film was very Americanized. Eric Roberts played the MASTER lol.

Yeah, I remember seeing that on TV when it came out. Not good at all. But that was his only appearance (apart from those mentioned audio plays), so it seems slightly unfair to compare him with the others.

Tom Baker was the first one I saw when PBS started carrying the show in the late '70s, but I rapidly became a complete nerd and saw loads of the earlier three Doctors at various conventions, and realised that I liked Jon Pertwee slightly better. So he got my vote by a hair.

Least favourite: Colin Baker. Irritating twat.
Most underrated: Peter Davidson. Despite having fairly annoying companions during his tenure, I though he himself was very good in the role.

NERD OUT.

did anyone watch the opening episode of the new season last night? apart from some woeful CGI i really enjoyed it. i've never really had anything more than a passing interest in the show before so i can't really say how it holds up to previous seasons. i found it funny and charming though, matt smith seems quite likeable and karen gillan is a total babe

I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was as good as it was. I'd expected good things from Steven Moffat being in charge as most of my favourite episodes from recent years were written by him, but I loved David Tennant's Doctor and really doubted that Matt Smith would be up to much. However, I have to say he was good. And Karen Gillan was pretty cool. Crap CGI is pretty standard for Dr Who.

Saw a bit of a feature length Baker one yesterday

I remember Louise Jameson as Bergerac's girlfirend- but that Leela was a fine thing

d4-4r-009.jpg

I saw it last night and had to watch it again with me youngfellit tonight. I really like him, he's a bit more serious which I think it needs. Your wan was really good too. I'm very excited about this season. Tennant was great but it was time for change

did anyone watch the opening episode of the new season last night? apart from some woeful CGI i really enjoyed it. i've never really had anything more than a passing interest in the show before so i can't really say how it holds up to previous seasons. i found it funny and charming though, matt smith seems quite likeable and karen gillan is a total babe

It started off really bad - the comic relief with the food was bad.....it got better as it went along..The story was very bog standard but the new doctor wasn't bad considering the converse he had fill..The new companion seems cool too...the teasers for the rst of the series with the daleks in an alternative WWII Britain looks interesting too.

I do miss David Tennant though..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back