DJ/Rupture Cork Friday (12th) (1 Viewer)

ddmurph

haven't seen any mention of this here and just heard about it today but dj/rupture's playing city limits on friday night ...

DJ Rupture + Filastine, support by Bonjaii massive

Sky Bar - City Limits
11:00 pm
Admission 8 euro

dj /rupture's first big break came in 2001 with gold teeth thief, a mixtape which mixes hip-hop, ragga, breakcore and world music. his second mixtape minesweeper suite was an even greater success, with the uk music magazine the wire calling it one of the 10 best records of 2003. a year later he released special gunpowder, his most critically acclaimed album to date. in 2005 he performed with the cataluynan national symphonic orchestra at sonar festival in Barcelona, spain.

as his music would suggest DJ Rupture has a wide variety of influences. from japanese noise to the pixies and the ruins to dub reggae, classical avant-garde & musique concrete, hiphop, north african sounds, ragga, rai and moroccan shaabi his musical taste is eclectic to say the very least.

dj rupture's music often contains subtle political undertones. rupture captured the sound of oppression and strife musically evident in many folk traditions while covertly flavouring his mixes with his own geopolitical views. expect to hear a mash-up of all things fresh.
saves me a trip to dublin on saturday anyway

yet another event in cork with absolutely zero promotion
never would have heard about it if i hadnt seen this thread
sake

Alan Remorse said:
yet another event in cork with absolutely zero promotion
never would have heard about it if i hadnt seen this thread
sake
don't know how long it's been confirmed so maybe it's a last minute thing ... there's a poster up in plugd now anyway. hope it gets a crowd cos it could be (most likely will be) one of the best gigs in cork in ages. shake that booty ...

Zappa_Frank.jpg

Can't wait. Did a double take in Plug'd when I saw the poster for this - I thought that could never be the DJ Rupture - surely would have heard of it, must be a DJ Rapture. No, it's DJ Rupture alright - stupid sexy fonts.
Majik Markers, DJ Rupture and Scotch Egg over the next week = sexy results.

this may is mad busy for shows:

my latest novel
editors
rupture
lightning bolt
magik markers
fujima & miyagi
scotch egg
etc, etc, etc

can't remember a may like it..... well, ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back