DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
Full string up test… miraculously the truss rod works. One side of the neck is about 1mm higher that the other due to a slight difference in thickness at one point of two planks I used that I didn’t realise. Can compensate at the bridge and makes no difference to playability or sound 3C8B65CA-1440-4881-A3B5-11D562B71112.jpeg

i see you've moved out of the shed and indoors. wise man,

yep - far too cold at the moment for anything other than heavy work that would warm you up.
Plus while its also almost at the finish stage its far too cold to get started on that lark...
Plus plus its behind me as I err... work... for easy noodling and setup tweaking.

yeah, i can't do any turning at the moment, it's not physical enough to keep warm. and i've finished chopping mortices by hand now, which had been keeping me warm. trips to the shed are short.

Notes to future self.. don’t let guitars with slanted headstocks fall on their backs on a concrete floor. Particularly when you’ve had to tighten the truss rod to give more neck relief because a thick teak neck may seem like a good idea, but is too rigid to bend with tension of strings. All salvaged though and I’ll slim down the neck before finishing
E17C582C-8654-4C72-A9B9-73994B327AFA.jpeg

Notes to future self.. don’t let guitars with slanted headstocks fall on their backs on a concrete floor. Particularly when you’ve had to tighten the truss rod to give more neck relief because a thick teak neck may seem like a good idea, but is too rigid to bend with tension of strings. All salvaged though and I’ll slim down the neck before finishing
View attachment 16487
Look at that sweet scarf joint though!

As I’m not going to get to finishing until probably the new year I stuck the pickups in for the craic (and as it’s easier to align them when’s there’s strings on). It’s actually sounds very decent plugged in…more character than the bolt on neck one I made from pine.. 2E79CA2A-9AAE-4B6F-A252-E296A74CD093.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back