DIY Guitar Messing About (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
On routers - I have one that's pretty much exactly the same as @magicbastarder 's one in size.

Kinda think if I was buying one again i'd go for one of the smaller plam ones going about now, i've never used one but i find mine bulky. depends on the power too though - if you are doing lots of parrells / jigs then you want a fair few watts.

For those cuts you do on necks something with a nice depth increment setup would be ideal.

I have electric and acoustic planers. The acoustic one is fine if you have lots of time. I don't.

On routers - I have one that's pretty much exactly the same as @magicbastarder 's one in size.

Kinda think if I was buying one again i'd go for one of the smaller plam ones going about now, i've never used one but i find mine bulky. depends on the power too though - if you are doing lots of parrells / jigs then you want a fair few watts.

For those cuts you do on necks something with a nice depth increment setup would be ideal.

I have electric and acoustic planers. The acoustic one is fine if you have lots of time. I don't.

at the moment I'm squarely in the camp of the 'hobby luthier (I think I can refer to myself as that now having done a scratch build)', I'll generally move what I make eventually - but its more to make room for the next project as anything else, so spending a week cutting out a truss rod cavity is no problem.
We're I ever to start working on commissions or so I'd definitely have to tool up - both in the interest of time and consistency.

I have heard one trick of sprinkling some salt onto the glue just as you're about to marry the two pieces together. It apparently stops them squirming as the glue is squeezed out of the joint.

I have heard one trick of sprinkling some salt onto the glue just as you're about to marry the two pieces together. It apparently stops them squirming as the glue is squeezed out of the joint.

I should have put small clamps at the side to hold it in place before I locked the big clamps in place to press it down. My son was shouting at me from the back door so I forgot! That salt truck sounds neat - must give it a go

in shed related news - I've got a mouse again this winter. saw him creeping in last night.
I hope he likes teak sawdust. the shed currently looks likes theres been a russet colored snowfall.

In the next instalment of crimes against a chibson… new pickups and wiring, individual coil splits, and I’ve replaced the individual tone controls with a master lo and hi pass, so can cut bass and treble. The pickups are decent, but it’s an incredibly versatile wiring set up. 30CF9F2B-B266-4C0B-B509-902C4545B2C5.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back