DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
so as per other thread - I swapped for a chibson. would never buy one new myself I dont think - but was curious.

Its not a bad piece, I'm actaully having a lot of fun playing it, and its responded well to a proper set up - so I'm going to do a few low-mid priced upgrades, and hang onto it (for a while at least).

The think is - it bothers me slightly it has the gibson logo on it. so I was thinking of covering it somewhat.

so how does one do this - I was think of getting a sticker or something - but don't want to end up making it look crap/something owned by a 15 year old blink 182 fan.

thoughts welcome. It resale value isn't massive to be honest - the guy I traded with probably marginally got the better end of the bargain on that side - so its not like I'd be ruining an investment piece.

i can feel it in my shoulders this morning; the springs on the router are quite stiff, so bending across and holding it down while moving it back and forth was obviously a little tough on the shoulders.

i can feel it in my shoulders this morning; the springs on the router are quite stiff, so bending across and holding it down while moving it back and forth was obviously a little tough on the shoulders.

Mine (bosch, about 12 years old) has a thing to lock it at a depth - so i set it with a calipers and use the depth guage bolts stuff to increment it.

that wood is still very wet so at least it munches through it easily enough. might make a coffee table with it, but it remains to be seen how much the wood splits as it dries.

Spoiler alert but i'd expect radial splits within a few months.

A few years back I made a few different cuts of the wood lying around here and left them to see how they'd change. all those kinda cuts (tangental?) did radial splits when they dried.

so as per other thread - I swapped for a chibson. would never buy one new myself I dont think - but was curious.

Its not a bad piece, I'm actaully having a lot of fun playing it, and its responded well to a proper set up - so I'm going to do a few low-mid priced upgrades, and hang onto it (for a while at least).

The think is - it bothers me slightly it has the gibson logo on it. so I was thinking of covering it somewhat.

so how does one do this - I was think of getting a sticker or something - but don't want to end up making it look crap/something owned by a 15 year old blink 182 fan.

thoughts welcome. It resale value isn't massive to be honest - the guy I traded with probably marginally got the better end of the bargain on that side - so its not like I'd be ruining an investment piece.
First attempt at a cover up 97B70496-72C2-43CE-AC80-85DE605012EA.jpeg B8563A09-C9CC-4289-AC8B-46DE82FA4E8B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back