DIY Guitar Messing About (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
Ah no.

I mean yes, I am in engerland. I don't really want to take your 20 year old off your hands. Not right now at least. The real busy time has passed anyway. Maybe in September.

But I have other, personal drama's to attend to.

i had an idea for stacking eggcups recently, managed to finish the first go at the idea last night. i had been hoping to make a little 'cap' for the stack but the piece of stock i was using was just long enough for the eggcups themselves.

View attachment 16047
View attachment 16048
View attachment 16049
This is a fucking winner. Get these on the late late show..a birra Irish branding..you could make some serious poke. Train Antos yunflit to make em for ya.

In fact get them off the internet

This is a fucking winner. Get these on the late late show..a birra Irish branding..you could make some serious poke. Train Antos yunflit to make em for ya.

In fact get them off the internet
These are all actually very good ideas.

They are cool. I agree, take them off the internet.

I've been swamped in house repairs and my workshop is essentially a storage point at the minute. In the realm of DIY it's somewhat disconcerting to look at. The only thing i've done that isn't fixing crap since whatever i posted here last was 'make' a whiteboard to remember stuff to do.

You know what makes a really handy whiteboard? A picture frame from a charity store with some white paper stuck into it.

That's where i'm at anywhooooo

actually, the hardest bit of making an eggcup seems to be getting the shape right internally. so the egg sits correctly. good thing the EU formalised the actual shape of eggs.

what did you get? i don't think the one i have has a 'fine side' option (haven't used it in years) but it's about 60 or 70 years old probably.

what did you get? i don't think the one i have has a 'fine side' option (haven't used it in years) but it's about 60 or 70 years old probably.

Sorry - one of the Japanese rasps you were on about. Pretty deadly. I’m amazed how smooth the fine side of the saw can get - compared with a regular rasp. Can borrow it sometime if you want to give it a spin

is that a crack in the wood near the bottom? i.e. overhanging the drawer handles?

lots of surface cracks - wood is actually quite fibrous/dry. that's basically made of four pieces of the plank you gave me stuck together. I think I'll get away with it - only area of concern is where I'll mount the controls. I was going to do a rear rout, but I'm short on space. I'll have to layout the brigde and pickup mounts to get a sense of how best to work it once I've done a bit more shaping.

lots of surface cracks - wood is actually quite fibrous/dry. that's basically made of four pieces of the plank you gave me stuck together. I think I'll get away with it - only area of concern is where I'll mount the controls. I was going to do a rear rout, but I'm short on space. I'll have to layout the brigde and pickup mounts to get a sense of how best to work it once I've done a bit more shaping.

I spent 30mins this morning pushing teak shavings into cracks to fill them.... this 'distressed look' may not be all its cracked up to be

i've come across that with tropical hardwoods before - you don't get nice long shavings when working with them, more a cloud of raspy dust.

i've come across that with tropical hardwoods before - you don't get nice long shavings when working with them, more a cloud of raspy dust.

ah - I think it was the decade in your father in laws back garden that was the culprit here! and it has a cool grain pattern, so will look decent when finished
It will work though - just might need some judicious filling in places. The worst crack will be along the join at the back - I've a wild idea of chopping it out an putting a piece of stripwood along it. (i'll probably just wang in some filler)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back