DIY Guitar Messing About (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
Finished shaping the neck. Didn’t want to go too thin as there’s no truss rod. Also have big paws.
The single most involved piece of
woodwork I’ve ever undertaken is now at the point where I can fuck the whole thing up by drilling in the wrong place.
Eagle eyes amongst you will spot im making a set neck - just to up the irrevsible fuck up potential at a later point 3DB7C54E-5605-445B-9F82-6A645598AF25.jpeg

Attachments

• C9D4D938-EE0A-4032-A618-016720113BDD.jpeg
    C9D4D938-EE0A-4032-A618-016720113BDD.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 2
you should buy yourself one of those fancy japanese rasps.

you know your tools! had never heard of these until now.

I think were I doing it again I'd invest in a spokeshave to speed up/more cleanly thin it down.

I've never seen a Japanese rasp.

I've seen Japanese saws, and asked people who own them about them. But I don't think I'm at the level where I can get away with buying one.

I've never seen a Japanese rasp.

I've seen Japanese saws, and asked people who own them about them. But I don't think I'm at the level where I can get away with buying one.
i have one, can't remember what the type is called - a bit like a tenon saw in that there's a 'spine' on it, but they give nice clean, thin cuts and they're pull saws too so are a little more precise.

Everyone I know who has one, loves it.

But I've never met a proper carpenter who owns one. Only wood butchers. And I'm a low level wood butcher.

But I'd like to try one out at home, because they do give you nice clean cuts, for making joins and that. You remember, like we learned at school. The old boys do despair when one of the youngers says "Can't we just wang a screw in it? No? Ok, cool, I've got this Japanese saw that I bought off ebay".

Everyone I know who has one, loves it.

But I've never met a proper carpenter who owns one. Only wood butchers. And I'm a low level wood butcher.

But I'd like to try one out at home, because they do give you nice clean cuts, for making joins and that. You remember, like we learned at school. The old boys do despair when one of the youngers says "Can't we just wang a screw in it? No? Ok, cool, I've got this Japanese saw that I bought off ebay".

I've a very broad and shallow idea of what you actually do Sean.
Is it effectively event logistics or some such? (I know you were painting boats with toxic crap at one stage last year as a stop gap)

I've a very broad and shallow idea of what you actually do Sean.
Is it effectively event logistics or some such? (I know you were painting boats with toxic crap at one stage last year as a stop gap)

Um, honestly, it depends what day of the week, and what week of the year, that you ask that.

Basically, I just carry shit. Except when I'm doing something else. When I do something else, I usually get paid more, except when I don't. Then I complain, but then do it anyway.

We're crying out for staff, come over! You'll hate it!

Logistics basically

Um, honestly, it depends what day of the week, and what week of the year, that you ask that.

Basically, I just carry shit. Except when I'm doing something else. When I do something else, I usually get paid more, except when I don't. Then I complain, but then do it anyway.

We're crying out for staff, come over! You'll hate it!

Logistics basically

I am a skinny nerd. Is that part of the job description?

a mate of mine used to be an electrician working on the various festivals; also ran the backstage bar at glastonbury. he's retrained as a paramedic now.

i had an idea for stacking eggcups recently, managed to finish the first go at the idea last night. i had been hoping to make a little 'cap' for the stack but the piece of stock i was using was just long enough for the eggcups themselves.

PXL_20220726_084422709.jpg
PXL_20220726_084440188.jpg
PXL_20220726_084900557.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back