DIY Guitar Messing About (13 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
i have three 4 foot clamps too; an i'm going to be clamping the bench up incrementally anyway; the plan was to clamp up 15cm wide strips first, and then clamp four of those together to get the 60cm bench top. i guess i could get to 30cm strips and just borrow more clamps for the final glue-up.

Anyone able to recommend a place for neutrik jacks at a decent price?

Want to tidy up a few cables.

Possibly a soldering iron too,if I can't find mine.

Thomann have decent prices on Neutrik jacks. I've been using Amphenol for years now I prefer them. Bit lighter but still great quality.

you can when it turns out they're not actually 2 foot clamps like you've been told, and are actually 18" clamps. bugger.

I'm actually looking at picking up a few 18" clamps as it happens
Done… have to plug it in and the nuts too high. But.. already surprisingly playable. A week of tweaks ahead
Couple of woodwork and finishing booboos. Nothing major View attachment 15851

had a jam with this on sat. sounds animal.
my drummer mate who I've been in a band or two in the past described it as me in instrument form. not sure if this is a good or bad thing.

fun now starts for me. (note: these are not instruments of torture; but typing that out, i'm just thinking they can actually be used for that)

View attachment 15855
well, this is going to do my fucking nut in. i don't have a flat enough surface for the glue up. i need a six foot long and two and a half foot wide flat area to glue up and the sitting room floor is not flat, as i have learned. as i don't have any single piece of the bench that's the full length, the wood follows the height of the clamp bars and are seesawing in some places and dipping in others.

i think it might be the strips of wood which are slightly off. so i reckon i'll just plough on regardless; there's no point in getting them perfect when they'll shift a bit during glue up anyway.
there's a lad on boards asking about reusing a solid walnut floor he plans to lift. i'm trying to let him down gently that it may not have any value if it's damaged as it's being lifted (which is true) in the hopes of nabbing some.

Installed a on-off-on switch with a 2.2nf and 10nf cap in parallel with the output as a variable bass cut.

Something I’ve been thinking of doing for ages with this guitar. Ive taken to doing a version of this with a number of guitars with p90s. Can really tighten up the neck pickup, and makes the bridge a bit more agressive/twangy. Specially with a hollow body.

Attachments

• CE9211DF-17D4-43E2-8593-F334CFA86612.jpeg
    CE9211DF-17D4-43E2-8593-F334CFA86612.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
as expected, the glue-up is much harder than i expected, if that makes sense. they shifted around a bit under clamping and the glue started to bind faster than i expected, so i only got three lengths glued up rather than the eight i'd prepared for. i foresee a lot of planing in my future. PXL_20220629_190600836.jpg

as expected, the glue-up is much harder than i expected, if that makes sense. they shifted around a bit under clamping and the glue started to bind faster than i expected, so i only got three lengths glued up rather than the eight i'd prepared for. i foresee a lot of planing in my future.View attachment 15909
Ask a stupid question - how long is the eventual bench going to be??

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back