DIY Guitar Messing About (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
Allignment ok but string spacing a bit wide as it’s a modified bridge. Will have to try making a bridge plate from scratch- she’ll do for now. Starting to get excited about it now View attachment 15797

Bridge idea #4 (which was actually my initial plan before I got carried away with modifying guitar ones) solves the spacing issue. We’re in business. I might still try to make a bridge plate with correct spacing for the other idea as I reckon the saddles would be slight better for this as I can notch them for strings of different gauge 37E60912-679F-4AD8-94ED-216CBB25D917.jpeg on the same course

Final fit out of all the parts and strung it up.
First time cutting a nut from scratch, came out well, plays and sounds half decent acoustically.
Lots of fine filling to do and then finishing .Pine is such a shit wood to do anything detailed. (Bad workman blames his materials..)

9EF6F09F-556D-447A-9EFE-E4472A901557.jpeg

meant to say to you, if you're looking for spirit stains and various bits and bobs, there's a lad not far from me who sells supplies (mainly consumables) for woodturning; but he's good for the likes of sandpaper, finishes, etc.

meant to say to you, if you're looking for spirit stains and various bits and bobs, there's a lad not far from me who sells supplies (mainly consumables) for woodturning; but he's good for the likes of sandpaper, finishes, etc.
good to know - I've been ordering off of carpentrystore which is somewhere in meath I think?

naas. it's where i got my lathe, actually.
des - the lad above - sells from his garage, basically, so you can often mail him, ask him does he have what you need in stock, and call round to pick it up.

Done… have to plug it in and the nuts too high. But.. already surprisingly playable. A week of tweaks ahead
Couple of woodwork and finishing booboos. Nothing major 26FB80A4-8B41-48FA-8546-3EF8119E17F0.jpeg

Attachments

• 6FCA07E6-999E-4722-A350-D0B94625DC02.jpeg
    6FCA07E6-999E-4722-A350-D0B94625DC02.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • E1248E2F-AEE1-4C98-ABE6-E1A0D7C608C8.jpeg
    E1248E2F-AEE1-4C98-ABE6-E1A0D7C608C8.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

• JohnnyRaz
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back