DIY Guitar Messing About (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 45K
  • Watchers 4
Now.. you could buy the guts in kit form - something nice and simple like a basic fuzz or distortion.
There used to be a guy called ‘general guitar gadgets’ online - bought a few things off him years ago. Good well laid out kits and clear instructions.
Not fool proof but not too challenging either.

However - complex is a relative term!
Still in business

how complex is the wiring in effects pedals? i.e. could you make an effects pedal from a block of wood?

It's been done plenty so yeah. You do need to shield the inside of the wood to keep noise out. Lollygagger makes some nice ones.

Cheers, wasn't sure where you'd need to hollow it out to the point that it wouldn't be sturdy enough.

You generally countersink the shallower thicknesses that are needed to attaching parts. There's a cool vid of an Indonesian lad showing the whole process on Instagram. I'll find it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You generally countersink the shallower thicknesses that are needed to attaching parts. There's a cool vid of an Indonesian lad showing the whole process on Instagram. I'll find it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I’ve been doing that from the rear side for the latest batch I’ve been building, you still need a minimum hardness in terms of the wood your using.

The switching is very much designed for mounting on metal. If there was a switch with the same wiring made for plastic mounting or something it might work better. Only if they exist though

Work(s) in progress. I think the chat around here a few weeks back about workspaces made me realise i had to reorientate the whole place so i could work in natural light so I'm halfway through that in a sort of intermediate stage. When i finish the below and another little project i'll have space for part two of the move.

test fitted this today - filing cabinet and bookshelf for desktop mounting. Might get to put it together tomorrow. As usual i'm using the cheapest sheets of 8x4 ply they will sell me and layering up domestic paints. There will at some point be a back panel and door over the lower section.

Attachments

• 284662094_325679582903532_6038861723601117394_n.jpg
    284662094_325679582903532_6038861723601117394_n.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
i was cycling past a place i've cycled past dozens of times the other evening, in north county dublin, and realised they're a sizable supplier of wood - up to mad big live edge slabs for conference tables. got chatting to a chap there, but never thought to ask how much a piece suitable for an electric guitar body would be.

i was cycling past a place i've cycled past dozens of times the other evening, in north county dublin, and realised they're a sizable supplier of wood - up to mad big live edge slabs for conference tables. got chatting to a chap there, but never thought to ask how much a piece suitable for an electric guitar body would be.

you might find its something they have an offcut off if they are making tables etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back