DIY Guitar Messing About (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 1K
  • Views 49K
  • Watchers 4
Fitting the position markers marks the end of the hard core carpentry. On to the easy stuff now (not really) 46897380-7CA1-48E6-9E6A-9D1D8990399B.jpeg

Attachments

• 656F4F68-1C6A-45B1-85BE-163752513956.jpeg
    656F4F68-1C6A-45B1-85BE-163752513956.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 3
i need to decide whether to laminate the neck with a stripe down the centre; it'd allow me to use that maple with much less wastage i think, and might mirror the body stripes too.
however, i think a stripe running through the headstock could look very naff.

i need to decide whether to laminate the neck with a stripe down the centre; it'd allow me to use that maple with much less wastage i think, and might mirror the body stripes too.
however, i think a stripe running through the headstock could look very naff.

wouldn't look great if you were going for a fender style headstock alright.
if your wife hasn't snaffled all the marquetry bits you could put a veneer on the front of the headstock - which would look nice.

i was thinking i could make the stripe the same width as the channel required for the truss rod. make routing that a bit easier. plus, it's an easy way of maintaining what the centre line is.

i was thinking i could make the stripe the same width as the channel required for the truss rod. make routing that a bit easier. plus, it's an easy way of maintaining what the centre line is.

no reason why not - the only issue with that that I can see is the truss rod channel doesn't run the whole length of the neck, so you'd have to put another piece in at the heel end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back