DIY album release - anyone have recommendations for getting cd and vinyl pressed? (1 Viewer)

done two 7s and a cd through Mobineko. All good. Able to track it online through and they don't charge shipping. Customer service is decent enough

Mick Richter and Jamie Wolves both recommended DMS - they seem to be a little bit pricer than mobineko though. At the same time, the two lads were very complimentary towards DMS so may look at them for some future releases. They seem to be a bit more "Mom & Pop" than Mobineko

You don't like DMM?

i havent had good experience with it but that could be down to the plants rather than the master medium.
whats also worked in the past is to get the laquer master cut seperately and sent to the plant for manufacture. i use a laquer masterer that i know & trust and can use whatever plant is doing decent deals at the time. unfortunatley for dmm only plants this isnt a possibility.
still, will keep these in mind if theyre getting good recommendations from y'all.

i havent had good experience with it but that could be down to the plants rather than the master medium.
whats also worked in the past is to get the laquer master cut seperately and sent to the plant for manufacture. i use a laquer masterer that i know & trust and can use whatever plant is doing decent deals at the time. unfortunatley for dmm only plants this isnt a possibility.
still, will keep these in mind if theyre getting good recommendations from y'all.

cool.

I think with DMM, if your pre-master is done right, it's maybe more accurate to your source. In my experience.

I think with either method though, it's down to the guy/gal doing the cutting!

Those discmanufacturing services prices are impressive! I've heard Mobineko are handy too.
Tom in Galway is the man for your merch, his quality is great. Actually he's a good lad to talk to about the whole thing, he's been doing his own band releases for a while now too and I think he may have used Mobineko at some point.

Also, this post is pretty much obsolete already, oops

Cheers for nice words! Yeah if ye need merch get in touch through http://KillerTees.ie

Ive used mobineko for a cd release and found them brilliant and cheap too.

For vinyl i know two irish labels who have used flight 13 and xvinylx for pressing.
Our album will be going to flight 13 once we get the laquer masters back.

For download cards ask richter collective where they got theirs. They had nice onces for
Rednecks album last year.

We ALWAYS use Tom for our merch!! Best t-shirts in town :)

In response to Napalm:
We want as many people as possible to hear/listen to the album, come to gigs and maybe buy a copy of it from us at the gig. We won't be getting many pressed up - enough to send out to press and to sell at gigs and in some independent stores. From experience it will probably end up on most fileshare sites within 5 days of release. If people hear it, talk about it and it gets us some gigs then that will be good.

I'll take one a dem CD's when you have them Misses. That City Lights tune was really good. More like that please.

If anyone is interested we are currently taking orders for Digipack CD pressing

500 X CD Digipacks: Includes Glass master,4pp 4/0 glossy digipack includes vat & transport to Dublin = 850Euro

Check out the Psychonavigation label's releases in City discs for the quality approval stamp or email me and we'll post you a sample pack. 100% guaranteed quality and trust me for digipacks this is a rare occurance as plenty of companies who don't cost an arm and leg send out really bad quality digipacks.

Mail me on [email protected] if your interested and we'll get you hooked up

Cheers,

Keith

Trend Studios in Dublin have been around for ages and the quality is good for the complete job, bit pricey tho. Clockwork Industries in Co Down are good as well at www.clockworkindustries.co.uk Another option is Mediashack at www.mediashack.co.uk They offer both CD duplication and CD replication. We ended up going for the CD replication at 500 units as the CD duplication was going to be more expensive even tho they are not as good. They new their stuff and explained the difference between CD duplication and CD replication to us in plain English. They were the best price as well. They do DVD duplication as well as DVD replication. Shipping to Ireland, Northern Ireland, Belfast & Dublin is on a 24hr service. Monorail Studios does CDs as well, they are in Ballyporeen I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back