Dinosaur Jr. (1 Viewer)

Bernie Lomax

Threads
just got into these recently after years of not really paying any attention. anyway, got your living all over me. it's fucking brilliant. can anyone tell me where to go next? was about to pick up without a sound in tower but thought i'd better check it out here first.

Flux

Threads
I'd say your next two should be Bug and Where You Been.

thisgreg

Threads
probably be shouted down by dinosaur jr. purists, but "where you been" is definitely one of the better albums to start on, having said that you can't go too far wrong with any of them really.

steveamanakick

Threads
Website
www.windingswindings.com
just got into these recently after years of not really paying any attention. anyway, got your living all over me. it's fucking brilliant. can anyone tell me where to go next? was about to pick up without a sound in tower but thought i'd better check it out here first.
Get Bug and Where You Been next for sure

Anarcho Munk

Threads
If you like YLAOM you should really head onto the first self-titled one, especially if you're into the more noisey and psychedelic side of things. I don't know why it hasn't been suggested already? That album has some amazing songs on it...

After that get Green Mind and either Bug or Without A Sound

prefuse

Threads
I have a few albums on cassette. Some cool tunes but the way he sings grates after a while...stop groaning J

Wheels

Threads
Website
www.delicious9.com
Rewind to the first album, then get Bug and the Fossils singles compilation (soooo good). That should keep you busy and very happy for a good while.

Then you're into Dinosaur Jr part II, which although familiar sounding is a different prospect post Barlow. Green Mind and Where You Been are both amazing records, but things start to slide a bit with Without a Sound. Still a good album, but it's essentially a Mascis solo record and he starts to over indulge himself. Hand it Over has it's moments but has similar problems to it's predecessor (Alone - urgggghhhhh).

Still don't think I like the reunion record.

Bernie Lomax

Threads
thanks for the advice y'all. i think i'll go with the ian's advice cos i gather from the responses that they've been consistently quality throught their career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create a thumped.com account. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Trending Threads

Latest threads