Diddles (1 Viewer)

RIP Diddles. Desperately sad news. She recently tweeted a bit about the pain her cancer was causing her, but did it with such humour.

I never really knew her or met her, and its only recently that I connected her on social media outside of thumped. Its strange, but also nice, when you see the person behind the username.

I also recall when Jimmy Corr's sister came onto thumped to thank her for reaching out to him when he was going through his own cancer battle. She said that Diddles gave him great comfort.

We've lost 2 good ones.

Sincerest condolences to her family.

RIP Diddles. Desperately sad news.

We've lost 2 good ones.
Agreed. I haven’t been on here much so I didn’t know how serious it had gotten again. She was a very lovely person who instantly made me feel comfortable the first and only time I met her (back in 2007 in Sine) for a mini thumped meet. Sadly I wasn’t here when she stopped by the pub but it always meant a lot that she made the effort to pop in. ❤️

Ahh fuck. I was pretty friendly with Diddles IRL. I havent seen her in years. We were near neighbors in Finglas...so for a couple of years there we seshed on the regular. A fucking quality dude. Absolutely fucking hilarious. Thats how she is my mind.

I drove past her gaf there a couple of weeks ago after doing the recycling and thought to myself ,next time I'm passing Ill pop in and say howya. I also meant to challenge her to game on internet scrabble club...now that I'm back playing against my daughter.

Well I won't be doing that now. RIP Diddles.

very sad news. only knew diddles from here, but her posts made me chuckle many a time. my heart goes out to her family and loved ones. rip

Diddles was a consistently warm, kind and funny presence on here and elsewhere.
Can't imagine what it's like for the people that knew and loved her, to have a bright light like that go out.
Never met her, but there was always an aura of mischievous giddiness about her whenever I interacted with her. She was bold.

In life, it's so easy in life to give in to bitterness, anger and hurt. Life is basically always having a go.
And here's this woman, in hospital, in serious pain about to die, and she's making jokes about the food, the meds and the curtains. Like Oscar Wilde cracking wise about the wallpaper. A real one.
She kept her boldness with her all the way. Fair fucks.

I'm glad to have known her.
And we are all gloriously lucky to be alive.

RIP

Man, she was fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back