Derrick Dalton (1 Viewer)

Jesus, that's so sad. Only met him properly when Coldspoons played with Mexican Pets but recognized his face from years of going to gigs.
My thoughts are with his family. Condolences.

Derrick was a fantastic guy, always friendly and helpful and a great songwriter and guitarist. One time he very kindly lent me his guitar for a gig and I knocked the knob off it while bashing away. In his typical unassuming way, he quietly picked it up and held onto it while I searched around for it frantically after the gig. Finally, when I walked over to him with a red face to say that I had broken off a bit of his guitar, he just laughed and showed me he had it, much to my relief.

Sincere condolences to Laura and all family and friends of Derrick.

I'll add my voice to those who've already posted. I didn't know him. Always saw him around the place, and absolutely loved his music. Knew plenty who did know him and never heard anything but good about the guy.

Rest in Peace.

This is so Sad. Derrick was such a sound guy, a great songwriter and peformer and always so encouraging and helpful to new bands. He'll be sadly missed. Love and condolences to Laura and to Derrick's family and friends

I was lucky enough to get to play "The One I Love" with Crumb at a recent Hoot night. Fiachra (the laziest man in rock!) wanted to sit that one out. Derrick gave me his bass guitar and he said about 4 or 5 really funny things in a row in a really quiet, unassuming way. Stuff like "The bass was in tune when I bought it ten years ago, it should be fine!".

Crumb were the only band I never wanted to follow when playing a Hoot night. They were always, always great!

Great guitarist, great songwriter, great guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back