Dentists (1 Viewer)

Dktr. Faustus

I really fear the dentists, and I fear going to the dentists in Ireland more than I would in most parts of the world. Everything involving health seems to be fucked around here.

Now I think I need to go to the dentists though. Student, no income, very very sore tooth. Now I'm pretty sure that my economic status has nothing to do with the cost of whatever has to be done, tough luck etc, right?

And then, anyone know a good dentist? As I said, I've the fear - basically because the anaesthesia never works on me during the 10 minutes they give it to work and the whole procedure is hell. And everything up to the procedure is anticipation of hell. Only after I get out of the dentists, my face gets numb. It's like a bad joke that repeats itself.

The student health care system in finland sent me to this laughing gas anaesthesia - an hour and they replaced all the three temporary fillings that were put in because the time always ran out on the previous times. Cost me €12.50 and it was mostly hilarious. This kind of thing will obvously be out of question now.

Someone give me some hope!

The Health Service Executive (HSE) in Ireland provide free dental treatment to certain citizens through the public health service. Services are provided by dentists employed by Local Health Offices in your area and by private dentists who have contracts with the HSE to provide certain services. In practice, there is a shortage of dentists and the HSE gives priority to certain groups.

Huh? Anyone know what that is about?

I'll try and get a medical card, but not sure if that will help me here

if you're totally broke and it's an emergency try the dental hospital. bring a book.

if you want a good dentist try the one in anne's lane

keep in mind that it's their hand in your mouth and you are the one with the power to really hurt them if you clamp down

heres a bit of hope dktr faustus. well financial hope anyway.

had to get a root canal done three year ago. heard fucking terrible things about them. went to the student dentists in cork. they're always looking for guinea pigs. took four sessions of four hours to scoop out all the bad infected shit in my tooth but she did a good job for a mere E60.(that many sessions for that long is apparently needed anyway) .was quoted something in the region of E600 by a regular dentist.

heres a bit of hope dktr faustus. well financial hope anyway.

had to get a root canal done three year ago. heard fucking terrible things about them. went to the student dentists in cork. they're always looking for guinea pigs. took four sessions of four hours to scoop out all the bad infected shit in my tooth but she did a good job for a mere E60.(that many sessions for that long is apparently needed anyway) .was quoted something in the region of E600 by a regular dentist.
Thanks, yeah I think it's like €66 at the dental hospital here. I've no idea what to do though, might consume a bit of savings at that annes lane place. We'll see.

What a start for the year with all kinds of shit. Has to get better though...

Must thank this thread, looked it up yesterday. Went to the emergency section of the dental hospital this morning. In at 8:30am out by 11am. I had a root canal but only have a temporary filling at the moment. I need to go see a private dentist now but I don't have one. Anyone here had a good one on the south side or city centre? I need two fillings. The cheaper the better.

I was at the dentist this morning (and last week, and due in next week again). It's grand. My fella gives so much anesthetic you feel weird for hours, and the drilling doesn't hurt at all. He's called Morley, and he's in Limerick. I suppose you're in the big shmoke? Well I wouldn't be knowing about that now.

the idea of going to the dentist fills me with teary eyed terror. my only true, naked fear. I have two teeth that probably should be pulled but I am fucked if I'm ever going to the dentist ever again unless it's completely unavoidable, such is my fear and mistrust of the fuckers. I'm convinced that my old dentist (also in rimlick) made up fillings that I didn't need. I've even lanced an abscess myself to avoid a visit. I live right beside a dentist but he's really, really weird; I went in to ask him about getting a tooth looked at. he channelled all communication through mary, his nurse. I'd ask him a question, and he'd turn to her and give her a vague response that didn't even come close to a proper answer. he had a picture of a pine marten hanging on the wall. even a friend of mine who was a student dentist was a bit weird. actually, quite weird. dentists are evil.

i thought i was the only one...

So does mine but...
I went in to get two fillings a few weeks ago. One in the top left and the other in the bottom right.
Idiot gave me anesthetic in the top right and bottom left, realised his mistake an proceeded to numb my entire head with hugh amounts of anesthetic .
Couldn't feel anything, talk or move any muscles in my face for about 8 hours.

I need to go see a private dentist now but I don't have one. Anyone here had a good one on the south side or city centre? I need two fillings. The cheaper the better.

Christopher Lynn in Drumcondra is sound, as dentists go. Always makes you feel at ease and does a good job. Not exactly southside I know, but not too far north...

Oh you work it out using a formula that goes like this

moon phase x how the dentist feels at that given moment + how broke the dentist is x 1,000,000 euro +/- whether they like the look of you or not = the price.

the idea of going to the dentist fills me with teary eyed terror. my only true, naked fear. I have two teeth that probably should be pulled but I am fucked if I'm ever going to the dentist ever again unless it's completely unavoidable, such is my fear and mistrust of the fuckers. I'm convinced that my old dentist (also in rimlick) made up fillings that I didn't need. I've even lanced an abscess myself to avoid a visit. I live right beside a dentist but he's really, really weird; I went in to ask him about getting a tooth looked at. he channelled all communication through mary, his nurse. I'd ask him a question, and he'd turn to her and give her a vague response that didn't even come close to a proper answer. he had a picture of a pine marten hanging on the wall. even a friend of mine who was a student dentist was a bit weird. actually, quite weird. dentists are evil.
Haha! I wonder is that the guy who works in my building. He's notoriously weird. Better not name names...

I have a lovely dentist, the practice in on South Circular road, his name is Dr. Gilmore

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back