Decoder with free channels ??? (1 Viewer)

i was gonna start a thread about these yokes.

eurovox box, or dreambox is what you're looking for.

get them from some site called eurovox box ireland.

it's all very cloak and dagger though. don't have a clue how they work myself, or how to set one up.

depending on yer knowledge/patience of tinkering with these things, i'd recommend a dbox2 for the expert (snag one of a german ebay seller and load a sportser image onto it, nokia's are the most reliable) or a starview box for the novice (the only downfall here is that you might have to wait a bit of time for new codes to appear on the internets if ntl change their encryption keys).

I have one of these things but need a parallel to ethernet cable ( 30 bucks ) to update the code's which are encryted more and more by ntl. Dont bother unless your getting one for free...
Dreamboxes have a serial port & an ethernet port. theoretically you can flash them with a new image using a crossover network cable, but i'm told you'd more than likely end up with a brick which you'd need the null modem serial cable to remedy anyway...

Dreamboxes have a serial port & an ethernet port. theoretically you can flash them with a new image using a crossover network cable, but i'm told you'd more than likely end up with a brick which you'd need the null modem serial cable to remedy anyway...

dreamboxes are really easy to flash. just plug them into your router, work out what ip there using and ftp the file over. then select update image in one of the menus and your done.

have a look around here :

http://forums.afterdawn.com/

loads of details on how to update them and where to get the files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back