Deadwood (1 Viewer)

Best series ever. I remember talking to Photon about this yonks ago and nearly talked him around to the idea that it's (nearly?) better than Battlestar Galactica.

Least that's my recollection.

I love Deadwood.

It looks like the promised 4 hour finale isn't gonna be made now. The creator David Milch is workin on somethin else these days.

I love that cocksucker Cy Tolliver and his fucking whores.

wplilajoaniecy2am.jpg

I just watched four of these miserable [FONT=verdana, geneva, arial][SIZE=-2]cocksuckers.
Fucking excellent stuff altogether.

Poor Bill.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I came to the end of them there a while back.

Now moved onto The Wire, and now that cocksucker Omar is the new apple of
my eye.

Here, Trixey is Irish. I was listening to the commentaries thing. Ra head by the
sound of it too.

Has anyone watched Milch's follow-up John From Cincinnati about a cursed Californian surfing dynasty? It was supposed to be HBO's flagship show to take over from the Sopranos but never got the audience figures and got dropped after one series. It's a rather odd affair but very compelling. It's got a few Deadwood heads in it too - Trixie, Ellsworth, Charlie Utter, Francis Wollcott

It's great. At least it kind of ties up neatly after one series, unlike Carnivale.
Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy), Luis Guzman and Luke Perry are in it as well.

yeah - it rules - way prefer it to deadwood - kinda hilarious they wanted it to be their flagship show.

shaun.jpg

one of the finest actors of his generation

Still plugging away at this. Watched too many in a row and go confued. Just started season 2. The scene where Mrs. Garrett goes into the hardware store and meets Bullock's wife while Starr is having a bullet removed from his shoulder was great. I think one of my favourite things about this show is all the exaggeratted/subtle looks people give each other all the time. Handsome Tache is not a good actor but his googley eyed tachey stare is great in this role.

I agree that the guy who plays Bullock is one of the lesser actors on the show, he looks the part but he's kind of stiff and one-note a lot of the time.. I'm a couple of episodes into the Season 3 DVD at the moment, I thought Season 2 got bogged down a bit in some fiddly storylines relating to the less-interesting characters (after the first Season being amazing) but the third one seems better so far.

I really liked John from Cincinnati, even if it was one of the most vague and confusing shows of all time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back