David Lynch (1 Viewer)

His greatest work is.....

• Total voters
For some reason I just cant get through Eraserhead. Had it in the house for a couple of years now and everytime I put it on I get this twisted gut kinda thing.

Haven't gotten around to Dune, WIld at Heart or the Straight Story but they're all on my list.

A bit o' gossip. Heard that David and Isabella Rosellini are married. True or another Hollywood lie. Someone has to find out the truth go for it...

the torture! making me decide between the elephant man and wild at heart!!! fuck that was tough. both equally my favourites. barely chose the elephant man. probably cos of the ending..

hardest poll ever. lots of great movies on that list.

nlgbbbblth said:
What takes your faulty, sorry fancy?

Aw man, that's like asking who your fave member of Girls Aloud is! I mean, it obviously aint gonna be the ginger wan (dune), but it could easily be Sarah (Mulholland Drive), Kimberly (Blue Velvet), Cheryl (Eraserhead), or the great Nadine (Twin Peaks).

I just can't do it :( I cannot choose

I did a course on David Lynch when I was in film school in France. We watched the entire first series of Twin Peaks dubbed into French. Still odd. Still great. But much was lost in translation.

"Qui a tue Laura Palmer....et qui a mange ma tarte de cerises....."

Hmmmm...

plug said:
nobody's still voted for wild at heart. what the hell is going on here?

no one's voted for Mulholland Drive either, that would be in my Top 3 Lynch movies

My favourite film is Blue Velvet - made such an impression on me when I saw it back in 1987 or whenever. Get something new out of it each time.

But Twin Peaks TV Series surpasses that. The best television series of all time.

i'd go for eraserhead. so powerful and unnerving. an exploration of the fear of accidental fatherhood.

i also enjoyed blue velvet, mulholland drive (so sexy), the straight story (very moving), and the twin peaks tv series (although i amn't as crazy as most others are about it).

i really didn't like dune at all, and i thought lost highway suffered for being a bit directionless and just weird for the sake of weirdness (which i dont think the other works of lynch are- mulholland drive actually makes sense to me). wild at heart left me totally cold and uninterested, although i am aware of many who adored it.

I had to finally vote for Mulholland Drive. I just couldn't bare to see Dune be higher in the poll than it (Neilo, WTF??)

1. wild at heart: exhilarating and terrifying. I like that kind of thing. Oh and one of the funniest films ever. When the two play ministry and stop the car and do karate chops, I bust a gut every time. And the guy in the wheelchair: "same fuckin' thing happened to me last year, man!"

2. Blue Velvet: very close second, the scene with the candy coloured clown and the I'll fuck anything that moves being one of my favourites in any movie

someone should do a Cohen brothers poll

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back