David Lynch (1 Viewer)

His greatest work is.....

• Total voters
I read somewhere that Mulholland Drive was originally a pilot made by David Lynch, he was planning to do another TV series, but whoever comissioned the pilot didn't like it and hence no TV series.

It wasn't until some French company invested some cash into it that he turned the pilot episode into the full length movie.

i had a full on david lynch lost weekend last weekend with all those "3 for €15" videos i bough about 5 years ago. eraserhead, blue velvet, wild at heart and then mulholland drive and half the twin peaks series on dvd. now thats entertainment. eraserhead is pretty untouchable. full on moving art. i absolutely love the twin peaks series & mulholland drive aswell. sailor & tulula are my very own posh and becks. they're never in fucking heat magazine tho :confused: i saw an interview years ago with david lynch on television and it was the most intelligent articulate and entertaining piece of television i've ever seen. good man david.

Donkey OJ said:
i saw an interview years ago with david lynch on television and it was the most intelligent articulate and entertaining piece of television i've ever seen. good man david.
hey, was this on channel four with some scottish dude interviewing? I'm sure I saw this. there were a lot of detailed studies of various scenes from his movies etc. if so, I've seen this and yes, it was absolutely brilliant. a rather shy but very engaging character.

PS: only one vote for wild at heart! :confused:

plug said:
the torture! making me decide between the elephant man and wild at heart!!! fuck that was tough. both equally my favourites. barely chose the elephant man. probably cos of the ending..

hardest poll ever. lots of great movies on that list.

Haha, I had the same problem - so I balanced it out by going for Wild At Heart.

C'mon, how could Mulholland Drive be higher than Wild At Heart or Elephant Man? That is just non-sensical and weird... very Lynchian. Aha, touché Spaday****fdgk;_=¬

6000 SUX said:
This interview with Lynch was with Alex Cox for Channel 4's Videodrome Movie show thing if memory serves me right.

I'm pretty sure it was BBC2 but it weren't Cox. It was that Scottish guy with the really silly voice who was so obviously beside himself to be interviewing his hero - kept kind of biting his lip after every question, and was at all times on the cusp of jumping on top of David and showering him with nerdo man-love.

Lynch kept referring to the 'eye of the duck' (I think it was) - the scene where Anthony Hopkins sheds a tear just as the camera zooms in on him in Elephant Man is one such eye of said duck.

Anyone any decent sites with info on Inland Empire?

Am I a Scottish film critic?

got out eraserhead last night, loved it in what i am now recognising as a "david lynch" way. The smile on henry's wife's father's face at the dinner table is nuts, possibly the freakiest thing in the film. coming to some sort of conclusion is not possible?...right?really gets your attention from the off.the lighting and sound is class. have only seen TP series 1(and FWWM, which ruins season 2 for me i do belive , to some extent.) mulholand drive and blue velvet but am definately heading to chartbusters after this to try get a couple more from him. must check out that lynch on lynch book too, really intriguing to see what the fuck is up with this guy.

the straight story is a beautiful movie i think. it gets my vote

Hardest poll ever :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm going to have to go with Blue Velvet closely followed by Wild at Heart and Lost Highway. I got a three disc DVD of Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive and Eraserhead that I stick on every now and again when I needs a surreal hit:p :p

Dune can kiss all of my ass, it SUCKS !!!

Did anyone see the original video Lynch Shot for Wicked Game??? It's after the credits on a Wild At Heart video I owned back in the day?? At the risk of losing my hetrosexual powers I much preferred it to a semi nude Helena Christianson

Ancient poll...I had to go for 'Mullholland Drive'. Would have gone for season one of twin peaks though (the remainder is out next month!). 'the Straight Story' is a lovely film, sentimental but sincere. 'Wild at Heart' is a little too pumped (or pulped?) for my tastes, but it has it's moments. Lost Highway blew me away when I was thirteen, but when I rewatched it last year it didn't stimulate me as much (although the first part of the film really sucks you in).
There's another pilot, which featured the uncanny Crispin Glover and the bossman himself Harry Dean Stanton, set in a strange hotel (that wag Bono may have ripped this idea off), made in the early 90s. Anyone seen this? Copies of this pilot definitely exist!

Mark Cousins is the bbc scot - he interviewed lashings of film folk around the early-mid 90s (he has an unorthdox film book out, it's in Chapters. it features all the interviews he's done).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back