Dating Apps OR Just signed up for Bumble. And Hinge. (1 Viewer)

@Unknown Convict Also, I should say I met a lot of nice guys too but never a spark with most. I'd say if you are on the apps all the time you'd get burnt out. I would look for a month then give it a pass for about three to four, then look again. If you just keep doing what you like and go out (even if on your own) chances are you'll meet someone with similar interests....well unless you live in the middle of no where like me. I foresee me moving back to Dublin in the next year or two but I'm up here two or three days out of the week. If you ever need a "wing-women" or someone just to get a drink with just to get out of the house, give a shout. I miss having friends.

@Unknown Convict Also, I should say I met a lot of nice guys too but never a spark with most. I'd say if you are on the apps all the time you'd get burnt out. I would look for a month then give it a pass for about three to four, then look again. If you just keep doing what you like and go out (even if on your own) chances are you'll meet someone with similar interests....well unless you live in the middle of no where like me. I foresee me moving back to Dublin in the next year or two but I'm up here two or three days out of the week. If you ever need a "wing-women" or someone just to get a drink with just to get out of the house, give a shout. I miss having friends.

@Unknown Convict send her a jar of Peter Pan peanut butter and deny all knowledge of it ever having happened

* that still wasn't me *

Thanks Jill. Good advice. Unfortunately I work 90-100 hours a week (alone), have kids at the weekend and need some sleep. The opportunities to meet someone in my daily life are almost non-existent, bar the odd gig. Trying to restore some balance, with difficulty. All in good time...

Self-employed. Work 8am to midnight, Monday to Thursday, 8-8 Friday, 8-4 Saturday and a half shift Sunday night. Kids 4pm Saturday to 7pm Sunday. Some weeks are busier.
That’s absolutely nuts.
How long have you been doing those hours? I don’t know how you can do more than 2 weeks of it without being completely burnt out.

That’s absolutely nuts.
How long have you been doing those hours? I don’t know how you can do more than 2 weeks of it without being completely burnt out.
A lot more than 2 weeks! Without getting into the details of my domestic situation, it's the lesser of two evils. Ever heard of Parkinson's Law? Work expands to fill the time available.

Maybe I should try being more productive like that, instead of spending half my day looking for rabbit videos to scare Jill Hives with.

Met one nice lady on bumble recently, she kinda said she might not be in the best space for dating and backed off and was told her that was cool fully expecting her to dissapear off the face of the earth (thought it was diplomacy tbh), but instead she's been popping up for a chat every few days, she\s good craic one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back